Education Project Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Education Project Coordinator (WB) - (210007BL)
SCI Yemen is embarking on the Restoring Education and Learning (REAL) project, funded by the World Bank and implementing by the three implementing partners SCI, WFP and UNICEF. The project’s primary objective is to maintain access to basic education, improve conditions for learning and strengthen education sector capacity in selected districts of several governorates in Yemen targeting over 1’000 schools.
The overall role of the Project Coordinator is to lead the implementation of the REAL project in Hodeida governorate and provide technical and managerial support to project staff to ensure smooth implementation. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the project deliverables and reporting in the governorate. She/He will provide day-to-day guidance and technical support to field staff (from Save the Children, and our Implementing Partners), supporting them in delivering the components of REAL Project. The role will involve close coordination and collaboration with the MoE authorities, at district and school levels, local communities and partners to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of SCI work.
It is expected that the Project Coordinator will spend the large majority of time in field, ensuring quality implementation of the Project activities. She/He will ensure that field level quality concerns are consistently raised and incorporated into programme design, coordination and advocacy efforts.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Deputy Project Director
Staff reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Project Coordinator will:
- Oversee the technical and managerial implementation of the REAL project in the governorate and ensure the timely delivery of the project activities with quality.
- Support Officers in preparing individual weekly work plans and review their performance on weekly and monthly basis.
- Plan actively for field visits for REAL Team in advance of trips.
- Ensure that the project is being implemented according to budget, time and quality parameters of Save the Children.
- Ensure that activities are appropriately planned and that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified.
- Develop weekly transportation plans and, in coordination with Supply Chain Team, follow up procurement requests for trainings and procurement.
- Ensure robust planning and project management tools and processes are in place, following Save the Children’s Project Management Methodology (PMM) and project management systems.
- Take on responsibility of project deliverables, including the day-to-day management of project site activities.
- Keep tracking the project expanses and follow up on daily basis in collaboration with project officers and finance team.
- Support the direct implementation of the project activities such as the training of teachers, community mobilization, and the distribution of materials to beneficiaries, etc.
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to provide technical guidance/support and identify issues that need timely action and support at different levels.
- Identify and report challenges to overcome any obstacles/difficulties that might arise during project implementation and communicate such challenges to the relevant line manager.
- Develop and submit monthly reports on the project progress at the implementation level.
- Ensure documentation of all project activities.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability and Quality
- In coordination with MEAL team, ensure implementing M&E systems in the project sites and ensure that the agreed tools are used properly.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits according to project requirements and plans and report findings.
- Actively monitor REAL project activities, ensuring quality of Save the Children’s programming and reporting.
- Follow up the implementation of proposed ESS monitoring systems and tools to ensure compliance for WB ESMF guidelines.
- Facilitate third-party monitoring (TPM) team to monitor SCI REAL field project activities.
- Ensure that communities are regularly involved in all phases of the programming.
- Take the initiative in documenting lessons learnt, best practice and case studies.
- Prepare timely programme reports on project activities in compliance with internal Save the Children requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Coordinate with relevant local authorities, community leaders, and other relevant key stakeholders such as local NGOs and community-based organizations in the implementation of the REAL project in the governorate.
- In collaboration with all relevant education personnel at the school, district and governorate levels, engage with children and parents to effectively monitor the implementation and impact of the the REAL project on children’s issues, including issues of education access and quality based on children’s needs.
- Coordinate with other SC sectors for programs integrations.
- Provide technical and operational support to the education officers, assistants and volunteers.
- Ensure that each staff member understands her/his responsibilities and tasks.
- When requested, conduct/facilitate a training for the staff based on the need related to the REAL project.
- Ensure staff and volunteers’ understanding of Child Safeguarding policy and report any concerns.
- Provide constructive feedback to enhance capabilities and responsibilities of staff members for the purpose of his/her development.
- Work to ensure that the workplace is inclusive, and the talents of individuals are harnessed to achieve individual and organisational success.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the relevant line manager
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and external partners and supporters.
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
- Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor Degree preferably in Education or any relevant fields.
- Qualified education professional with experience for at least 3-5 years in managing and implementing projects (preferably projects related to education in emergency).
- Proven technical knowledge and skills in the field of education, participatory development and child protection.
- Experience in managing, training and building the capacity of others.
- Ability to travel independently, including travelling to rural communities.
- Strong interpersonaland communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure for long hours.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Solid computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to and understanding of child rights, the aims and principles of SC, and humanitarian standards such as the Sphere Charter and the Code of Conduct. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Previous experience of working with Save the Children or other INGOs/NGOs in Yemen.
- Experience in implementing or technically advising on education in emergencies programmes.
- Experience of working with and supporting local implementing partners.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Employee Status : Fixed Term
Closing Date : Oct 14, 2021
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل