Ended Premises Responsible
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent humanitarian organisation which works to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflicts and to alleviate suffering as a result of war. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for suitable candidate to fill the position of
Work Place: Sa’ada
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Leading team skills
- Organization skills
- Sense of responsibility
- High sense of confidentiality
- Team spirit
- Able to work under pressure
- Communication skills
- 4 - 6 years work experience in a similar field
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Responsible for the administration of ICRC premises
- Ensures that the delegation has adequate premises in line with the delegation's housing policy
- Keeps updated about the real estate market and makes suggestions if needed
- Responsible for allocation of expatriates to residences
- Negotiates and manages lease agreements with stake holders, in cooperation with the administrator
- Drafts and prepares the respective lease agreements
- Ensures that the premises have all the standard equipment in line with the standard item list for the delegation
- Ensures that premises have utilities (water, electricity, telephone) all the time and follow up especially the water delivery system in premises
- Updates permanently the premises list and submits it to finance for the monthly closing and premises statistics
- Ensures that passive security measures (safe areas, surrounding walls, fire extinguishers etc) are developed and applied to protect personnel, premises and goods in line with the ICRC security policy and local circumstances
- Security: Maintains contacts with the outsourced security company, regularly coordinates and informs the Administrator of all matters related to security.
- Supervise the security guards.
- Make sure passive security is in place.
Supervision of Maintenance
- Ensures efficient maintenance of ICRC premises – supervises office management team.
- Ensures that regular preventive maintenance is done for appliances and infrastructure (ex, water tank cleaning, checking smoke detectors, security lights, pumps, service of fire extinguishers…)
- Prepare maintenance or construction work planning, and follow up the implementation.
- Ensures repair of premises and equipment are done efficiently, according to approved maintenance requests (electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, furniture repair, appliances repair, painting / plastering, structural/roof repairs…)
- Ensures good quality of works done by the team
- In case of subcontracted works, collects and analyses quotations
- Prepares small contracts with sub-contractors if need be
- Supervise / checks works done by service contractors, establishes certificate of completion to request release of payments.
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + work certificates.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please send your applications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line (Premises Responsible
Deadline to send your application: 05.04.2018