Supply chain Team Leader This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Supply chain Team Leader
Duty Station [Hodeida]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
Responsible for supervision of all procurement of goods, services and works, warehousing, vehicle fleet, transportation of goods and people and general Supply Chain support to the programme
Geographic scope: Area ( Hodiedah-North Yemen)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks.
Geographic scope: The duty station of Supply chain Team Leader will be based in Hodeida
Employment category: Management
Reporting to: Base Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Ensure effective planning and quality implementation of the sector/support activities
- Ensure daily monitoring of area
- Asses the daily quality
- Provide technical support and inputs
Support and administration
- Ensuring all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook
- Effective and efficient support to programs’ needs.
- Develop and maintain relevant data base.
- Maintaining the assets list.
- Weekly and monthly status reports
- Warehouse management, including reporting and alert mechanism to program staff.
- Assist in recruitment, training and capacity building of the logistics team
- Coordination of programme staff to ensure logistics involvement in the whole programme cycle
- Procurement of all goods and services
- Establish and follow up annual procurement plans
- Track all orders, purchases and deliveries
- Ensure that all logistics specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected
- Oversight of all purchase and service contract to ensure DRC's interests are protected
- Vehicle fleet management
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts
- Fixed asset management
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Ensure proper operation of DRC Dynamics ERP supply chain system by staff under supervison
- Apply report and data analytics to improve supply chain operation in area of concern
As Team Leader the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Accountable for people management of employees, usually working in the same area of work
- Accountable for ensuring that agreed work plans and tasks set by the next-level up Manager are implemented on time
- Hiring and termination of employees and conducting performance appraisals (closely overseen by the next-level manager)
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of management experience at a mid to senior level, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response and refugee protection working for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing, and stock management
- Proven management skills and a competence in people management
- Commitment to learning and implementing organizational policies and procedures.
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in managing supply chain in an ERP system
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations of major international donors
- Full professional proficiency in English
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Moreover we also expect the following:
Education: (certificates, licenses etc.)
- Master's degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 8th months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible and be willing and able to work in Hodeida.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from DRC
Protection Specialist -PSSDeadline:10 Jun | Aden , Sana'a
Protection ManagerDeadline:11 Jun | Aden
Protection Officer-Victim Assistance (Part Time)Deadline:12 Jun | Ma'rib