Field Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Field Manager
Band/ Level / Grade: 7A
Department: Operations/Field Management
Location: Yemen | Al Dhale
Overtime Eligible: n/a (per local law)
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment, Child protection and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
The Field Manager is responsible for supporting the programs and operations in the field office of Al Dhale and Lahj Governorates. Reporting to the Roving Field coordinator, the incumbent shall be representing IRC with government line ministries, counterparts, local communities and partners as well as taking part and representing IRC in other forums, such as OCHA coordination meetings. This position is a member on the Management Team and participates in meetings and decision-making forums within IRC in line with the job description.
Office and Operations Management
- Coordinate with Finance, HR/Admin and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Continuously monitor security developments in Al Dhale and Lahj governorates to ensure security and safety of IRC staff, programs and assets. Manage field-level security incidents in close collaboration with the Humanitarian Access and Security team.
- Ensure that all IRC premises meet standards and recommend improvements, where necessary.
- Work in collaboration with Roving Field Coordinator, DDO and heads of Supply Chain, Humanitarian Access, HR and finance departments to ensure that the field office is adequately operating and provide expected level of support to program implementation.
- Ensure that IRC has adequate storage capacity for program supplies.
- Lead on new facility identification and selection, when required. Lead initial set-up, if applicable.
- In consultation with the IT officer and IT manager, ensure that Al Dhale field office is up to IRC standards and recommend improvements, where necessary.
- Maintain office records and disseminate information and correspondence from capital offices vice-versa.
- Being responsible for the field office SC department and the functioning of supply chain including procurement planning, purchasing of goods and services, their transport and storage
- Ensure that the staff knows and applies the standard operating procedures related to security management in Al Dhale field office.
Program Support, Coordination and Representation
- Ensures all IRC engagement with government departments and agencies at field levels adheres to standards, including humanitarian principles and internal IRC guidance.
- Provide consistent and constructive support to all program departments in Al Dhale and Lahj governorates in their coordination and engagement with local authorities.
- Organize annual workshops for field counterparts and authorities at all field locations to increase their awareness of IRC’s achievements, current and future projects and enhance acceptance. Organizes drafting achievement reports to the relevant counterpart at the governorate level serving the same purpose.
- Follow up with the field office programs to ensure that quality programming is carried out and IRC and donor expectation are met.
- Perform regular program site visits to ensure required progress and quality in implementation of activities!
- Communicate and in coordination with the capital-based managers address any issues affecting quality or timeline of program activities.
- Closely follow up on the work of the project managers and officers to ensure that they are well informed of the activities and the funds they are responsible for.
- Promote IRC’s image and work ensuring IRC activities are clearly marked by IRC and donor logos, where applicable.
- Represent IRC at all forums and at the inter-cluster coordination meetings chaired by UN OCHA at the Governorate level.
- Represent IRC in front of governmental authorities and local communities. Convey information on IRC program activities and criteria as well pass community needs and requests to program coordinators at Al Dhale and Lahj.
- Lead on development and submission of progress reports, annual and mid-year achievement reports to relevant authorities in Al Dhale and Lahj
- Support and engage in work of the IRC’s local partner(s).
- Build and maintain a positive working relationship with local governorate level authorities and community leaders.
- Meet regularly with local authorities, UNOCHA, other INGOs and NGOs to champion goodwill and support for all program activities.
- Actively pursue coordination and working collaborations with NGOs and partners
- Ensure a team approach between programs and operations to help achieve program targets and quality.
- Lead coordination between IRC logistics, finance, program and grant staff to ensure timely and compliant program activities and expenditures, including active participation in grant opening/closing and review meetings.
- The Field manager represents and facilitates the visit of donors representatives / HQ visitors / other collaborators whenever requested
- Establish and promote ethical, professional working relationships among staff and between staff and communities.
- Preserve close, open and professional relationships with all staff.
- Work towards strengthening staff’s team spirit by demonstrating good leadership.
- Address any issues or misunderstandings which arise within the framework and spirit of IRC policies and rules of professional conduct.
- Supervising and motivating direct reports, follow up their performance, providing mentoring, to ensure staff development, and enable to deliver
- Conduct a biannual review of all staff. Include overall performance and achievement, identifying areas for individual or group training.
- Provide leadership; promote professional working relationships, and inspiring staff members to lead their staff and programs within budget and goals.
- Support staff in implementation of personnel policies including performance evaluation, staff development, and disciplinary measures.
- Ensure attendance and leave management of all staff assigned to Al Dhale field office in close coordination with their Country office based technical managers.
- Ensure IRC WAY and the organization policies are implemented accurately, and employees are aware of the how-to raise concerns
Compliance and reporting
Ensure adherence to IRC policies and procedures for all operations departments, including Supply chain, Humanitarian Access, HR, finance, and IT.
- Reviews budget vs actual reports and supports managers in reviewing their respective budget vs expenditure. Where issues are identified ensures, appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion.
- Support in development and spending of field office budgets including designing appropriate field structure, setting field staffing levels for operational departments, budget forecasting and responsibly using field office operation budget.
- Ensure health, safety and security protocols are always followed, and take timely corrective actions as required and in consultation with the Field Coordinator, HAS coordinator and SMT.
- Ensure that IRC SOPs and contingency plans are updated and respective and enforce the same in the Al Dhale field office and throughout IRC implementation areas.
- Promptly inform Field Coordinator of any areas of concern for potential or suspected violations of policies and procedures.
- Provide regular reports, updates, and recommendations to the Roving FC, DDO/SMT on field-specific issues
- Timely submission of weekly, monthly, and annual reports to Roving Field coordinator!
- Coordinate with program managers and coordinator and compile for mid-year and annual IRC achievement and plan reports to governorate office.
- Ensure compliance of IRC’s and donor policies and procedures in finance, administration, security, IT, and procurement.
- Provide support to the programs that operate in the field office be implemented in a timely manner, following high quality standards and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the corresponding grants
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Roving Field Coordinator
- Position directly supervises: SC Senior Officer, Humanitarian Access and Liaison Officer, Finance Officer, HR/Admin Officer and IT assistant. This position will also administratively supervise the Program Managers or officers (Health, Nutrition, WPE, EH, CP, ERD, CRA, MEAL and Education).
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Supply Chain, HR & Administration, Program staff, Finance, Grants, HAS, IT Coordinator/Managers.
- External: UN agencies, partner organization, local governance units, local communities
- The incumbent should be a graduate from an accredited university in Yemen or abroad with a degree in social studies, political science, business administration or equivalent.
- Demonstrated good program and administrative management skills, as well people management skills.
- Minimum five years professional experience at managerial level.
- Good understanding of budgets plan/expenditure and resource management is required.
- INGO experience is highly desired.
Soft Skills and Competencies:
- Energetic, with good networking, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Diligent and professional perseverance.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Arabic to communicate clearly and effectively.
Computer Skill: MS Office – Very good MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
Working Environment: Based in Al Dhale, with some travel to Aden and Lahj.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل