Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Doctor Anaesthetist
Requirements for the position
Education: - Essential Doctor Anaesthetist specialist after bachelor’s degree in general physician.
Experience: - Desirable, two years’ experience as an anaesthetist doctor. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
Languages: - Essential Arabic and English language
Place of work: Alqanawis district Hodeida Governorate, Republic of Yemen.
Duration: Until the end of the year with possibility of extension.
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale. Moving allowance, monthly accommodation package offered and market adjustment package
Organize and carry out anaesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anaesthetic staff through on the job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon and gynecologist, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anaesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry-out all anaesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia.
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Monitoring patients throughout the intervention.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in recovery and wards, and if needed in referrals, with the surgeon and gynecologist, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
- Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, empty vials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained..
- Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc.)
- Organize the tasks of personnel under his/her responsibility, and participate and carry-out other team management activities (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, motivation, internal/external communication, etc.), in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Collaborate with other departments in the project (intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-taking.
How to Apply
- All interested applicants should submit a CV in English, cover letter, copy of ID, copy of diploma, and work permit from medical council in Sana’a with the subject: “Doctor Anaesthetist” to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for the submission of applications is 31st Dec 2022
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted!
- Please note that applications without CV, cover letter, copy of the ID-card, the diploma along with the work permit will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- “MSF promotes the inclusion of women and people with disabilities.
- MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل