Ended Programme Associate
Post Level: SB3
The Programme Associate is located in the UNFPA Yemen Country Office and reports to RHCS Programme Analyst. The incumbent’s main role is undertaking all steps of the procurement of medical and non-medical RH and GBV programme items.
The Programme Associate delivers quality services in programme procurement, to the Country office as well as, if required, to the implementing partners mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects..
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews programme procurement requests and initiates procurement procedures of supplies and services in a transparent and cost-effective manner; recommends procurement decisions. Contributes to the smooth running of the office by ensuring provision and maintenance of services and supplies following-up processes and maintaining up-to-date inventory and records.
- Monitors all programme procurement processes, and initiates action proactively to speed the processes. Compiles relevant periodic reports to management and project staff.
- Monitors programme supplies and warehouse inventories, follow up on the customs clearance, initiating action where necessary and compiling relevant periodic reports.
- Implements relevant corporate systems and applications in support of country office operations, creates systems and mechanisms for effective management of UNFPA resources, and advises and trains project staff in this regard.
- Adapts processes and procedures, anticipates and manages operational requirements of programme/ project inputs under national execution in terms of sub-contracts, equipment and supplies to facilitate programme/ project delivery; ensures that procurement transactions are in accordance with UNFPA financial rules and procedures.
The Programme Associate will work closely with the Operations Manager, Gender/ GBV programme Analyst and in collaboration with programme and operations staff. Internal contacts include the International Operations Manager, the CO’s management team, and the CO’s programme/ technical team
A university degree or equivalent in business, logistics, management, or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Three years of experience in UN system in administration/procurement. Experience within UN is an asset.
- Proficiency in procurement applications and corporate IT systems.
- Yemeni Nationality only.
- Results-based programme development and management – Contributes to achievement of results through primary research and analysis and effective monitoring of programme/ project implementation. Uses analytical skills to identify opportunities for project development and participates in formulation of proposals ensuring substantive rigour in the design and application of proven successful approaches.
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches – enhances existing processes and products. Documents and analyzes innovative strategies, best practices and new approaches. Adapts quickly to change.
- Leveraging the resources of partners/ Building strategic alliances and partnerships – Establishes, maintains and utilizes a broad network of contacts to keep abreast of developments and to share information. Analyzes selected materials for strengthening strategic alliances with partners and stakeholders.
- Resource mobilization – Provides inputs to resource mobilization strategies analyzing and maintaining information and databases on donors and developing database of project profiles for presentation to donors.
- Corporate Responsibility & Teamwork:
- Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of UNFPA;
- Plans, prioritizes, and delivers tasks on time;
- Participates effectively in a team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Responds flexibly & positively to change through active involvement.
- Recognizes & responds appropriately to the ideas, interests & concerns of others; gives credit to the contributions of others;
- Establishes clear performance goals, standards & responsibilities; manages them accordingly;
- Promotes a learning environment; facilitates the development of individual and team competencies.
Innovation & Judgment
- Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations;
- Pursues own personal and professional development.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and work experience. UNFPA offers equal opportunities however qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application with covering letter including P11 FORM:
To: firstname.lastname@example.org or to UNFPA Address below:
UNFPA Hadda’a Street behind Lazourdi Hotel
P O Box 7272, Sana’a,
Deadline for applications: 21 April 2018
Please note that only short listed candidates will be considered and notified