Post Level: SB3
The Finance Assistant is located in the UNFPA Country Offices and perform S/he duties under overall supervision of International Operations Manager and reports directly to Admin/Finance Associate.
The Finance Assistant delivers quality financial services to internal and external clients mastering all relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. S/he takes a client-oriented results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, providing support and guidance to the CO and UNFPA-supported projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the monitoring of programme financial performance for all core and non-core resources by providing necessary financial information and analysis, including implementation rate against indicators/results. Detects potential over/ under expenditure problems and proposes remedial action.
- Develops tools and mechanisms for effective and efficient monitoring of programme and project budgets, coordinates compilation of financial data and provides accurate and up-dated financial information to HQ/RO/SRO on a continuous basis.
- Interprets financial policies and procedures and provides guidance and training to staff and project managers. Strives to identify ways in which programme financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assists in the management of the Country Office budget by budget formulation, controlling allotments, monitoring expenditures, and preparing revisions according to the needs of the Country Office.
- Maintains an effective financial recording and reporting system, internal control and audit follow-up, and processes financial transactions in an accurate and timely way.
- Reviews and monitors charges for common services and cost recovery taking into account maximum cost efficiency and represents UNFPA’s interests in related negotiations and agreements.
The Finance Assistant will work closely with the International Operations staff and Finance Associate, Also in collaboration with Operations and programme staff. Internal contacts include the International Operations Manager, the CO’s management team, and the CO’s programme/ technical team.
A university degree or equivalent in finance, business, logistics, management, or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Six years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Three years of experience in UN system in administration/procurement. Experience within UN is an asset.
- Proficiency in procurement applications and corporate IT systems.
- Yemeni Nationality only.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/ business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
Functional Skill Set:
- Managing the organization’s financial resources
- Providing procurement services
- Ensuring facilities and assets management
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Recognizes & responds appropriately to the ideas, interests & concerns of others; gives credit to the contributions of others;
- Establishes clear performance goals, standards & responsibilities; manages them accordingly;
- Promotes a learning environment; facilitates the development of individual and team competencies.
Innovation & Judgment
- Contributes creative, practical ideas and approaches to deal with challenging situations;
- Pursues own personal and professional development.
UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and work experience. UNFPA offers equal opportunities however qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your application with covering letter including P11 FORM
To: email@example.com or to UNFPA Address below:
UNFPA Hadda’a Street behind Lazourdi Hotel
P O Box 7272, Sana’a,
Deadline for applications: 21 April 2018
Please note that only short listed candidates will be considered and notified