Finance & Administration Manager
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent humanitarian organisation which works to protect and assist victims of armed conflicts. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for suitable candidate to fill the position of
- Finance & Administration Manager
- Based in Hodeidah
Finance & Administration Manager is accountable for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting and for reporting from the field. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel, and acts as Human Resources and/or Logistics Manager in the absence of a dedicated specialist.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Supervises, or is in charge of, the accounting of the Sub-delegation;
- Ensures compliance with statutory reporting requirements (i.e. taxes and social security, the latter in close collaboration with the Human Resources Manager), and regularly assesses the financial situation (including treasury) of the delegation/structure.
- Acts as adviser, trainer and coach on all financial or economic matters for the teams running humanitarian projects.
- Explains the responsibilities in financial matters to the persons concerned within the Office as per the Financial Rules;
- Acts as co-signatory and finance interface for both authorities and commercial parties (suppliers, banks etc.).
- Provides reliable forecasts and budget data to Management.
- Where no Human Resources Manager is deployed, is responsible for locally hired staff, with dotted-line reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator for the delegation/region.
- Oversees day-to-day financial management and maintenance of offices and residential premises;
- Supervises, coaches and evaluates staff working in the department
- Supports the Head of Sub-delegation in establishing (and updating) the Risk Assessment for the delegation/structure, focusing on risks related to real estate and finance.
- In cooperation with technical departments and the sustainability team at headquarters, initiates and leads measures to reduce energy consumption and implements "gap-closing" measures identified in the Sustainability Assessment.
- University degree in business administration, finance/accounting or human resources, or hospitality management
- Diploma in accounting (CPA/CMA or similar) / internal audit (CIA or similar) an asset.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy
- 3 years' confirmed practical experience in finance, management or human resources, including at least 1 year in financial accounting/controlling
- Experience in an international working environment, abroad or with an international organization/development agency
- Good negotiation, communication and analytical skills
- People Management
- Team work & Collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary & Client focused
Interested candidates should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + Work certificates
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please send your application to the following address quoting your subject as application of Finance & Administration Manager
Deadline to send your application: 20.04.2018