Ended Team Leader
Report to: Health Officer
Manages: Pharmacist assistant, Nurse/Vaccinator, Community health supervisor, and midwife
Duty Station: Habeel Jabr district/ Lahj Governorate. .
Contract duration: 10 Months
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work:
The Mobile Team Leader will responsible for supervising mobile team and ensuring running of the mobile clinic operations in the selected sites and working as Medical assistant (M/A) for providing diagnosis and treatment to patients visiting health facilities. Mobile Team Leader will be a focal staff for the team and reporting to Health Officer.
The post holder will be responsible for Mobile Health Team (MHT) leading, link with district health officer, local authority, and community leaders plus providing curative and preventative health care, refer patients to a higher level of care when necessary.
- Ensure everything is up to date for the mobile team to be operational
- Conduct regular briefing and supervision of MHT staff.
- Support all IRC health and nutrition staff related to project aims and their role in achieving these.
- Assist Health Officer in technical and qualitative performance as required to ensure quality service delivery.
- Assist in preparing purchase orders; oversee storage of drugs and nutrition items, keep the supply chain functional with assistance from the Operation manager/Logistics officers.
- Assist in planning and implementation of necessary training for health and staff with the support of Health Officer and PHO.
- Participate in assessments and surveys, and provide recommendations for intervention as appropriate.
- Help PHM in conducting regular and ongoing analysis of health situation of the beneficiaries and the community.
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to implement and/or assist in community delivery of program activities
- Provide quality treatment of patients according to the local and international protocols.
- Adhere strictly to the universal precaution to prevent the spread of the disease in the treatment centre.
- Collect/compile and submit timely report of the team to the health information officer.
- Coordinate with MOH staff, local authorities, and community leaders in the project area/facilities.
- Perform other tasks relevant to his/her job as necessary.
Required qualification and experience
- Bachelor in Medicine
- Minimum three years professional experience with drug management systems
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English preferred.
- Computer skill MS office.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com not later than 26 April 2018 putting Team Leader as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted