Livelihood & Food Security Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the FSL Project in Sana'a. The post holder will ensure all activities implemented in timely manner and with high quality.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated FS project portfolio according to a plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Provide regular activity progress reports to FSL coordinator.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Ensure capacity building of project assistants and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders at the field level.
- Be the overall responsible person for supervising distribution of food assistance (voucher, cash or in-kind) in assigned distribution points in the Sana’a office field operational areas.
- Supervise the beneficiaries’ selection and verification process as per the selection criteria, update beneficiary database if required. Make sure that beneficiary selection is done appropriately.
- Develop timely and detailed monthly implementation plan of activities in close coordination with the FS teams and support departments.
- Ensure adequate and safe records of all project deliveries including but not be limited to beneficiary database, receipt, and distributions.
- Ensure required documentation is correctly filled out and submitted to the FSL Coordinator.
- Manage data entry and analysis as required.
- In liaison with the logistic department s/he will oversee logistical planning for upcoming distributions and other project activities.
- Ensure distribution teams compliance with all NRC administrative and operational procedures and policies, as well as WFP regulations. Ensure that the distribution security plan is adhered to in all operations, including staff movements, etc.
- Review achievements and constraints in a weekly basis, assist in the formulation of the plan of and provide feedback accordingly.
- Actively monitor and report to the FSL Coordinator on the on-going security environment within the operational area.
- Consolidate weekly and monthly activity progress reports.
- Maintain good working relationship with all stakeholders in the respective geographic areas.
- Identify training needs of FS Assistants, distributors and Food Assistance Committees and organize/facilitate training events as needed.
- Line management of FS assistant and monitors, be responsible for the supervision and annual performance reviews of the staff reporting to her/him. Ensuring that they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performances.
- Perform any other related duties that assigned to you by your line manager.
- In close coordination with M&E team, ensure all monitoring and evaluating activities are carried out on time, and lessons learnt are shared and capitalized on, and all FS projects activities are monitored regularly, and data are collected on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Bachelor degree preferably in agriculture, agro-economy, economy, social sciences, development studies or other relevant disciplines.
- Proven experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Agricultural / Forestry / Aquaculture
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Excellent computer skills.
- 4 Months contract with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds .
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply .
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through Post application: