Psychosocial / Support (PSS) Counselor (2)
Duration: 6 months
Number of positions:2 (1 male , 1 female)
Languages: English and Arabic .
Yemen AlKhair relief and development foundation known as (YARD) is a national and nongovernmental foundation that was established in 2013, to implement various projects in relief and development.
Currently YARD in partnership with UNHCR is implementing a protection project in AlJawf governorate. The objective of the project is to offer protection assistance for IDPs and hosting community through the community centre in AlJawf governorate.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the community center manager , the Psycho Social Support (PSS) Counselor will carry out the following tasks
- 1- Identification and verification all the referral cases that needs protection assistance, Provide psychosocial support according to the vulnerability criteria and deserve the assistance.
- Creating a plan for the team and supervising the team members to ensure that every member is fulfilling his tasks accordingly.
- Preparing the final list for the beneficiaries that are eligible to have the assistant.
- Collecting the approval of the final test from the community manger and Report , document provision of services.
- Evaluation the community staff performance.
- Finding the gaps in the plan and working to fill those gaps.
- Presiding meetings with the community center staff and .
- Performing any requested duties requested by the community center manager.
- Conducting PSS sessions for the cases that required such activity.
- Reporting of group sessions, follow-up visits, caseload monitoring, and monthly and periodic reporting.
- Bachelor degree in social science or equivalent years of experience.
- Ability to speak English.
- 3 years of experience in IDPs protection .
- Experience in working with NGOs.
- Ability in Writing reports .
- Full commitment to the code of conduct in relation to work with vulnerable groups.
Requested skills ;
- Time management skills
- Team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure .
- Ability to collect information swiftly .
- Computer skills.
The Psychosocial Counselor must sign on the code of conduct of YARD and UNHCR, more over the full commitment to the information confidentiality.
Avoiding using the YARD and UNHCR logo in any positive way that might reflect upon the foundation negatively.
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English, clearly specifying the position they are applying for, to HR@yard-yemen.org by April 25, 2018. Any application without clear subject ,cover letter and the location of the Position that he/she wants to apply for in the advert will be excluded.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted