Ended Gender Equality Officer ( Re-Advertised )
Report to: Gender Equality Manager
Duty Station: Aden (40%) with frequent travel to the field sites (60%)
Under the supervision of the GE Manager, the GE Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing all gender awareness activities which includes community awareness for equal opportunities for women, girls, boys and men. The Gender Officer will ensure capacity building trainings for CHVs and community leaders and WASH committees, Mothers to mothers’ group members.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Conduct regular group discussions on IRC provided services to asses related risks for women and girls especially
- Provide on-job trainings to IRC staff from the three sectors on gender in planned interventions.
- Undertake gender analysis at the community level and make sure that women, girls, boys, and men are targeted with specific actions when appropriate in IRC’s intervention including responding to the specific needs of women rights
- Compiles and provide weekly implementation reports with recommendations
- Contributes on women’s rights reports/bulletins
- Jointly convenes meetings with female and male staff separately in various field locations in collaboration with Gender champions
- Work closely with the field staff and CHVs to ensure that the planned activities are gender sensitive.
- Represent IRC in meetings, INGO networks and workshop related to gender issue and women right.
- Support GE manager to monitor IRC’s relevant projects related to gender, including donor communication and reporting
- Build strong network and alliance with key community figure in IRC operation areas to strengthen gender awareness at both field and office level.
- Raise awareness of IRC program staff on gender mainstreaming and integration of gender works with all stakeholders
Required qualification and skill
- Bachelor Degree or other relevant training field Experience
- Minimum 3 years working with NGO on women issues
- Government policy, cultural and law
- English proficiency
- Understanding of gender and women’s issues
- Project management
- Advocacy (Campaigning skill), facilitation and analytical skill
- Communication skill, including computer skills
- Be able to work under pressure and towards tight deadline with minimum supervision
- A resourceful person and self-starter
- Be able to network effectively inside and outside
- Be creative and work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to email@example.com not later than 30 April 2018 putting the job title as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted