Ended Project Assistant
Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role.
Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following positions:
Vacancy: Project Assistant
Duration: One Year renewable
Summary of Position
The Project Assistant will be employed under the project titled “A Future Called Peace: Strengthening Yemeni Youth Leadership for Conflict Transformation” implemented in four governorates (Sana’a, Ibb, Lahj, and Aden) and funded by USAID. The program’s goal is to enhance youth leaders’ role (ages 20 to 35) to transform conflict without violence through (1) strengthening youth leaders’ capacity in conflict analysis and conflict transformation, and (2) strengthening collaboration among youth leaders and between youth and local communities.
The activities include training youth to become skilled mediators and project implementers, and implementing community dialogue processes and community-based local development interventions to enhance peace at the local level.
Based in Sana’a, Yemen, the Project Assistant will report to the Project Manager. S/He will provide administrative and technical support for the project.
Key Required Skills
- Administrative and technical experience.
- Previous experience in project management.
- Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organizational and file management skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask different tasks simultaneously.
Project Support including but not limited to:
- Supports implementation of project’s activities by following up activities update in the field.
- Maintains regular contact with local partners with regard to project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures project files are kept updated and have most current information; process incoming documentation from partners.
- Assists in documenting events and workshops and have media documentation organized and properly filed.
Admin support for the project team including but not limited to:
- Attends meetings with partners and take minutes.
- Types correspondences and follow up on them.
- Ensures documents requiring signature are approved and processed in a timely manner.
- Receives and collects documents related to the project activities and maintains an accurate and complete filing system electronically and in hard copies.
- Arranges field visits for the project team and takes care of travel arrangements, and vehicle arrangements.
- Coordinates logistics for trainings and workshops’ activities.
- Prepares logistics, including invitations, participants’ cards, desk signs, participants’ lists, attendance lists, invoices, per diem forms, taking photos, making copies needed for the training materials, certificates and filling up request forms for stationery needed.
- Distributes materials to participants such as handout, pens, brochures, and evaluation forms.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned.
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office and Excel)
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
Qualified candidates may submit their application, complete Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org The post title should be indicated in the subject line of the e-mail and in the covering letter.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
For more information on Search, including its core values and competencies, please visit the Search website at www.sfcg.org