Ended Community Mobilizer
Department: Program Department
Reports To: Deputy Program Manager (DPM)
Location: Lahj Governorate, Republic of Yemen
Through the Continued Recovery, Emergency Assistance, and Training Engagement in Yemen (CREATE Yemen) program, Global Communities aims to provide humanitarian assistance and early recovery need of vulnerable and conflict-affected populations in southern Yemen through a holistic approach to bolstering food security and livelihoods, improving water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) outcomes, and promoting economic opportunities in Aden, Lahj, and Dhale Governorates.
Objective 1: Improve household food security and livelihoods through the provision of agricultural inputs, including seeds, tools, and livestock;
Objective 2: Provide income generation opportunities for vulnerable households through market-driven vocational training, support to asset building groups, and cash-work-work opportunities; and
Objective 3: Improve community hygiene practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Community Mobilizer will work closely with Communities in order to implement Agriculture & Food Security, Economic Recovery & Market Systems, and WASH activities under CREATE Program. This position is based in Lahj and is expected to travel to project sites in different districts to work with governorate representatives on the implementation of programmatic activities. The duties are specified in particular as follows:
- To implement all aspects of Agriculture & Food Security, WASH, Economic Recovery (ABG & CFW) activities for beneficiaries as directed by the DPM.
- To visit assigned sites on a regular basis and oversee implementation and execution of ongoing project tasks.
- To communicate with CVCs and beneficiaries to assess the needs of the community and report findings to the DPM or other relevant implementation staff.
- Liaise on a daily basis with community leaders to gather feedback on the appropriateness of GC interventions.
- To work with communities to develop new strategies to meet their needs.
- To participate in planning, budgeting, and preparation of work plans, implementation of project activities, and monitoring/reporting of progress.
- To ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities on a weekly basis.
- To undertake and implement baseline and monitoring activities.
- To support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories on monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annually.
- In collaboration with relevant program implementation staff, update the work plan for all program related activities.
- To ensure effective integration and mainstreaming of gender into all programs.
- To conduct assessments of needs and develop appropriate suggestions for future proposals.
- Due to the nature of the program’s activities, the above-mentioned tasks are indicative only and are subject to change. Others/additional tasks may be delegated to meet programmatic objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in (community development, social work, communications) or post-secondary education and training with significant prior experience and/or related field with 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills and teamwork-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook) and typing.
- Ability to travel as required within Yemen.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Sense of neutrality and ability to work across Yemen, in cooperation with all parties to the conflict.
- Previous experience in field offices is a plus.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From 25th April 2018 until October 31st, 2018.
- Application should consist of a one page cover letter and detailed resume or CV. Cover letter should include the applicant’s earliest date of availability to begin work with the CREATE program. Resume or CV should include the applicant’s detailed work and educational history.
- Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject line of the email should be the name of the position being applied for.
- Applications submitted after 19th April 2018 will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.