Ended Finance Assistant
To ensure that the record-keeping for Hodeida office is kept in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)that all financial plans, budgets, contracts, agreements and records are kept up to date and secured for access by authorized personnel only.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist FO in disbursement of bank & cash payments in line with valid SCI Scheme of Delegation (SOD), SCI Donors compliance requirements
- Ensures that all payments should have complete authorization of respective Budget Holder as per SCI SOD.
- Assist FO, Field Office Finance Coordinator (FC) and CO Finance teams during Internal & external audit, donor specific audit review of financial records.
- Assists FO in submission of cash financial reports.
- Ensure that petty cash is used only for authorized transactions.
- Ensure that petty cash should be maintained within the authorized maximum / minimum limits & is top-up on regularly basis & also the safety & security of petty cash.
- Ensure that all petty cash is reconciled at all the times. Physical weekly & month end checking is done by finance staff. Any short/ overage of cash balances should be reported to FO immediately.
- Ensure all cheques and cash payments are cancelled by affixation of PAID stamp.
- File all payment vouchers and financial documents appropriately and chronologically.
- Ensure that all financial data filing system in place and hard & scanned archiving of data is completed on regularly basis and archived data is maintained in a systematic / easily accessible manner.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, also ensures that any critical issues should be raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that all grants policies are adhered to in the charging of cost.
- Perform other duties as and when required by Supervisor.
Occasional Significant Duties
- Cover the position in other places.
- Visit other duty field and perform duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Business Administration /Accounting.
- Previous 1-2 years financial management experience with good numeracy skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Good MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organization and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Good communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for receiving applications is 22/04/2018.