Ended National Migration Health Physician
Duty Station :Sana’a , Yemen
Type of Appointment :Special Short Term (SST), 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Migration Health Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the National Migration Health Officer in Sana’a, the incumbent is responsible for provision of health services to migrant beneficiaries referred to IOM in Sana’a. In particular, he/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating of provision of health services to target beneficiaries in Sana’a;
- Monitor the delivery of primary health care services to vulnerable migrants and IDPs and refer patient for specialized services as necessary;
- Manage the inventories for medicines, medical supplies and medical equipment in Sana’a;
- Ensure systematic data collection, compilation and reporting on all health activities at Sana’a level;
- Assist MHU in the project proposals and reports writing; Undertake other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
An advanced university degree (Bachelor’s level or above) in Medicine or Public Health, from an accredited academic institutions with five years of continuous professional working experience preferably in migration health, epidemiology and/or international public health.
- Experience in health information management, monitoring and reporting;
- Special training in Paediatrics , Internal Medicine or Infectious Diseases is an advantage;
- Proven skills in coordinating multidisciplinary teams and establishing and maintaining working relations with senior government officials, UN agencies, NGOs and Donors, including familiarity with the humanitarian cluster system;
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff and create team oriented environment;
- Demonstrated ability in project proposals and reports writing;
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
Languages English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms; Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 16.04.2018 to 29.04.2018