Ended Nursing Team Supervisor
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the position of NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR (short term contract) to execute the following tasks:
Plan, organize, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
DURATION: short term contract
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality, (i.e. perform as a nurse), whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience. I
- Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality.
- Supervise the use of medical material in his department with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking.
- Qualifications or professional diploma as nurse (nurse, labtech, midwife or anesthetist)
- Essential 2 years of previous experience,
- Having worked in MSF or other NGO is desirable
- English highly desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Stress management
Interested applicants should send a detailed English CV, cover letter, ID, and certificates, to the following email address:
email@example.com with the title of “ NURSING TEAM SUPERVISOR ”, before the end of April 22nd, 2018.
- Please put the title of the position you apply for on the file or in the email subject line if you use email to apply.
- Original certificates/ diplomas will be requested during the interviews.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer. Both women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.