- JOB TITLE: Project Manager
- DEPARTMENT: Program
- Report to: Program Manager
- LOCATION: Aden With field visit (Lahj, Hadramout, Marib)
- Duration: 3 Months Renewable according to budget & performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary purpose of the role is to provide high level technical support to conceptualization, design and implementation of BFD’s livelihoods and resilience project in Aden, Lahj, Hadramout, and Marib governorates, with a focus on improved resilience and livelihoods of vulnerable households suffering from the current humanitarian crisis especially in water, energy and food.
The Project Manager will be responsible for providing technical leadership and management for the project. S/he is also responsible for project inputs, support program strategy, external representation and coordination with the project’s counterparts, donor, and Government authorities. S/he will be responsible for plan, execute, and manage project according to strict deadlines and within the allocated budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the project according to its plan. S/he will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Project planning, design and implementation
- Coordinate and directly supervise improving livelihoods and strengthening resilience project, guaranteeing their correct design and implementation in conformity with contractual obligations donors’ and BFD’s procedures and management standards;
- Prepare overall work plan and budget for livelihoods and strengthening resilience project/activities;
- Develop activity plans and budgets for technical support activities related to the project;
- Make technical input into the planning and design of project specific assessments, including baseline and end line evaluation.
- Contribute to establishing assessments and review the overall technical studies.
- Participate in preparing tender documents, including BoQs, specifications, drawings, schedules, bedding documents, etc.
- Establishing and training of social committees
- Plan and conduct the building capacity training for the local civil society organizations (CSOs)
- Plan activities and cycles for program activities (hiring, purchasing, etc.) in the light of established objectives
- Support and advise to the base’s logistical department for the purchase of specific materials for project activities
- Propose a technical approach and a financial, human and logistical scope for the programs to be implemented
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the program depending on contextual and indicator developments
- Plan and supervise the program implementation. He/she is in charge of, being sure to meet deadlines and adhere to predefined technical specifications
- Supervise and provide support for the technical engineers and field team; monitor and evaluate the implemented activities
- Anticipate any issues linked to carrying out the program activities and help to resolve any problems related to the program.
- Working with the administrative department, contribute to developing budgets relative to his/her program and monitor expenses and budget forecasts
Program quality and MEAL
- Following up on the indicators of activities, output and outcomes, and how to achieving the goal specified in the logical framework of the project
- Support MEAL Manager in design and roll out of MEAL systems;
- Ensure correct use of MEAL tools including during assessments and monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting of projects;
- Ensure lessons are regularly and proactively collected and feeds into the programme cycle;
- Ensure beneficiaries’ complaints are promptly and respectfully collected and addressed as defined in BFD's Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) framework;
- Ensure cross cutting themes such conflict/peace building, gender, disability and inclusion and environmental protection are integrated into BFD's program;
- Ensure integration of livelihoods and resilience interventions with other BFD projects;
- Support implementation of communication and visibility plans as per the donors’ and BFD's communication and visibility guidelines;
- Is responsible for the preparation of projects reports and all monitoring documents.
- Participate in validating the hiring of project staff;
- Define the prerequisites for opened program positions together with the administrative department; adapt existing job descriptions if required
- Greet and brief the expatriates working on the program
- Identify and pass on any training needs for the technical engineers and field team
- Set up technical training depending on program operational needs and identified training requirements
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Lead work groups and thematic meetings
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his/her direct supervision
- Ensure adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision Reporting / communication / representation
- Pass upward to the relevant persons any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact BFD activities and the safety of the teams
- Issuing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports
- Draft program reports and any annexes relating to specific activities for the financial donor reports and/or amendments
- Ensure that all reports are delivered on time and in the correct format
- Maintain a local operational communications network and good relations with local and government authorities, financial donor representatives, UN agencies and other international agencies
- In his/her assignment area, represent BFD at meetings or forums concerning the Program activities
- Represent the organization when asked and/or delegated to do so
- Reply to headquarter information requests regarding specific needs
- In collaboration with the technical engineers, act as a clear communication channel between BFD program, contractors, sub-contractors, stakeholders (Local Water and Sanitation Councils, GARWSP, MoH, MoE, MoA, sub-clusters related to the project, other INGOs, etc.), and the project beneficiaries (where relevant);
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Civil Engineering is mandatory.
- At least 3 years of experience in integrated project management, an understanding of the NEXUS approach, and how to balance between water, energy and food.
- Understanding the approach of reconstruction and peacebuilding projects.
- Experience in maintaining a sustainable ecosystem.
- Extensive experience in managing alternative energy projects.
- Full experience in engineering, construction and infrastructure projects (rehabilitation, construction in schools, hospitals and health facilities, dams, water and sewage projects, etc.).
- Full experience in agricultural infrastructure projects such as rehabilitation of wells, irrigation schemes, cistern, and watering cans, etc.
- Understanding / knowledge of capacity building
- The ability to manage the team, engineers, consultant, committees, and contractors
- Full budget management ability and experience in budget forecasting and tracking
- Understanding / knowledge in working gender sensitive and with vulnerable populations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- Proactivity, flexibility, autonomy, pragmatism, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Capacity to work under pressure and solve problems and decide quickly on contingency actions.
- Good analytical and writing/editing skills.
- Good communication and diplomatic skills.
- Willingness to build capacities, train and mentor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skill transfer ability highly appreciated.
- Anticipation and self-organization capacities.
- Great work and stress management capacities.
- Willingness to work in complex and volatile environments.
- Familiarity with Aden, Lahj, Hadramaut and Marib Governorate, both urban and rural communities
- The ability to use MSTeam, planner and tasks, and to manage and work on the project online.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHs): The BFD workers must adhere to Humanitarian standards the values and principles outlined in BFD policy - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the BFD Employee and enforces policies on Code of Conduct from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
BFD doesn't charge any fees for recruitment and doesn't have any relationship with recruitment agencies
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and interviews will be conducted on rolling basis .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline to send your application: before: 09 / Dec / 2021
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from BFD
Logistic AssistantDeadline:02 Dec | Sana'a
FFT Training /Livelihoods Site SupervisorDeadline:02 Dec | Hodiedah
Sub-Office AccountantDeadline:02 Dec | Multiple Cities
WASH Technical Engineer (4)Deadline:09 Dec | Multiple Cities
Construction Technical Engineer (4)Deadline:09 Dec | Multiple Cities