Social Media Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: SOCIAL MEDIA OFFICER
Requirements for the position
- University or College Degree in digital media or journalism, or certificate in a relevant field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in social media management and community building
- Experience in social media content production and messaging
- Experience in social media monitoring and reporting
- Fluent written and speaking English language is essential
- Excellent writing skills in Arabic and English
- Good understanding of media and social media landscape in Yemen
- Good networking and media relations skills
- Basic knowledge in graphic design and AV editing
- Place of work: Sana’a Capital - Republic of Yemen
- Level: 7
- Duration: One year contract subjected to a probationary period according to our IR.
- Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
- Contributing to the implementation of operational communication strategy in the mission according to MSF standards. Aiming at building MSF visibility, acceptance and leverage inside the country. Focusing on social media.
- Strengthening MSF online presence in Yemen and build its digital audience.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Producing, editing and curating content for publishing on MSF social media accounts, including translation where needed. Suggesting innovative content formats.
- Increasing MSF's social media audiences and streghthening their engagement (Facebook Live coverage, Twitter Q sessions with MSF senior field staff,etc.)
- Helping MSF to build its social media audience throughPromoting MSF social media profiles externally •
- Training and capacity building: brieifng staff about social media guidelines and providinge support for trainings on social media
- Monitoring and analyzing online topics and trending subjects which are relevant to MSF operations.
- Monitoring for mentions of MSF on social media and report to supervisors on problematic MSF mentions on social media.
- Indentify misinformation and disinformation caimpaigns affecting MSF and propose actions to address them.
- Monitoring backend analytics and evaluating engagement of followers by geographic location, demographics, etc… Contributing to the development of MSF social media strategy by providing contextual advise related to social media use and trends in the country
- Undertaking daily work in line with the broader communications and operational goals of MSF and reply to comments and engagements, as appropriate, with guidance from supervisors.
- Participating in communication data-collection and reporting as required
- Collaborate and coordinate with MSF communications staff in Yemen, and commununications and digital advisers across MSF offices.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل