Case Management Supervisors (CMSs) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
National Staff Position
Position: Case Management Supervisors (CMSs)
Job site: 2 Shabwa (Ataq)
Report to: CC Activity Coordinator and Protection Coordinator
Supervision of: Social workers, Lawyer and Psychologist
Female candidates are encouraged to apply please!
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people
The proposed intervention targets existing protection gaps and needs in Jabal Habashi (Al-Shuraja sub-district, Taiz) and Ataq (Shabwa) through provision of integrated emergency protection service package for the most vulnerable conflict and displacement-affected people. While the intensity of fighting has given no signs of abating but further increased in 2021 – especially in Marib and Hudaida but also in Taiz (e.g. Al-Maqbana district), increasing influx of IDPs was reported since mid-2021 to Jabal Habashi and Ataq. Humanitarian needs of IDPs in these districts are large, while protection needs are critically unaddressed. Vulnerable groups (e.g. children, women, persons with disability, etc.) face disproportionate and specific challenges to their physical and mental well-being. Against this background, the proposed intervention targets the protection needs of conflict and displacement affected persons in the two districts, especially for persons with specific needs (PwSN), CP cases and women protection survivors. The response is grounded in the theory that if access to and knowledge of protection services for conflict and displacement affected persons is increased, then there will be reduced suffering, increased dignity, though live-saving services provided for conflict and displacement affected persons, particularly women, children and other vulnerable individuals. In 2 Community Centers (CC), INTERSOS teams will provide individual case management (ICM) services – focus on CP, women protection and PwSN; provide collective PSS for adults and children aimed at enhanced family resilience and community solidarity; enhance community-based protection mechanisms and community resilience by enrolling community outreach volunteers; run livelihoods/skills training permitting social-economic integration of women/girls at risk and women protection survivors; and lastly run awareness raising and information sharing on protection-related services and issues. The ICM package comprises identification, psycho-social first aid (PSFA), psychosocial counseling (PSC), and internal and external referrals for specialized services, in addition to follow-up and case closure. Internal referral within the project for specialized services include legal assistance, psychological counseling, cash for protection and livelihoods.
The Case Management Supervisor (CMS) is the team leader and supervisor of social workers (SWs).
The CMS will work closely with AC, SWs, Psychologist, and Lawyers and Volunteers to ensure that all protection activities under the project are designed and implemented at high efficiency.
Activities include supporting identified protection cases (child protection, women protection and persons with specific needs) through the provision of individual support and case management, and referral. The CMS must facilitate appropriate flow of communication between Volunteers, SWs and AC to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the assistance provided. The CMS role shall ensure quality implementation of the standard operating procedures (SOPs) defined by INTERSOS project in terms of referral pathway and case management.
The CMS should act according to the guiding principles of case management including using a survivor-centered approach, confidentiality, safety, do not harm and non-discrimination.
The CMS is responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
- Monitor and supervise the process of identification of protection cases by the social workers (child protection, women protection and persons with specific needs).
- Supervise the activities related to individual case management (ICM) in accordance with all ICM steps and related tools and SOPs.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the social workers on case management particularly on difficult cases; increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence of staff.
- Joint field visits with Social Workers.
- Ensure that all urgent and critical children cases are addressed immediately and shared with the direct line manager for possible intervention.
- Ensure INTERSOS application of Protection Cash Assistance SOPs and ensure review/approval/forwarding PCA requests to the Protection Coordinator for final endorsement.
- In collaboration with the line manager, work closely with the other organizations in order to ensure smooth referral and monitoring of required follow-up actions.
- Ensure close coordination and regular meetings with the Activity Coordinator but also Protection Coordinator to discuss cases in depth to ensure timely and effective provision of assistance to protection cases.
- Conduct regular individual supervision meetings with SWs and ensure case discussions to ensure proper responses for protection cases, run/participate in case management meetings and case conferences.
- Conduct client satisfaction surveys and PDMs with cases (and caregivers) to ensure the provision of quality ICM service.
- Responsible on staff adherence to data protection protocol.
- Work closely with the Protection Coordinator to build the capacity of SWs in terms of ICM/PSS.
- Work closely with community-based groups/organizations/volunteers to build their capacity in order to timely identify most vulnerable protection cases.
- Participate in trainings and deliver trainings when needed and requested by the PM/AC/Protection Coordinator.
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers in the target areas for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing.
- Support the activity coordinator and contribute to the monthly update of service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and take proactive steps to remain informed about the available services.
- Attend meetings/workshops/trainings as requested by the PM/AC/Protection Coordinator
Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure that all cases are filed, and information is reported in accurate detail about the case, background, case plan, follow up and actions taken, and all cases files are systematically completed and archived.
- Ensure all data is systematically completed and archived, plus accurate reporting of activities.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting (including Protection Cash Assistance list), and report immediately critical /urgent protection cases needed to AC and Protection Coordinator.
- Take regular samples of intake and assessment forms to check the quality of the case management records (Case Management auditing and shared findings with relevant social workers, aiming for on-job coaching, and share with Protection Coordinator for learning/training purposes).
- Communicate regularly with teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Provide written feedback about protection incidents, trends and concerns/issues.
- Any other task requested in order to achieve the project’s objectives.
- Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
Overall, these tasks require:
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence, and Humanity
- Clear & timely communications to line management
- Full abiding by INTERSOS internal rules and guidelines and respect INTERSOS Charter of Value and Code of Ethics
- BA in social work – social sciences
- Min 3 year of professional experience working as a social worker in Yemen, in particular the provision of individual case management
- Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures, including relevant roll-out of SOPs for different protection typologies
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways
- Native Arabic - basic written and spoken English
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan and output-oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل