Education Officer (Engineer)
The purpose of an Education Officer is to set-up and manage the various education projects under guidance of the Education Coordinator and Education Specialist.
In coordination with the Education Directorate, the Education Officer will work on improvement of school physical structure and environment, improvement of teaching and learning and activities related to capacity building of local authorities on Education in Emergencies (EiE).
In coordination with the Education Coordinator and Education Specialist, the Education Officer will support in project planning, coordinating, budget control and reporting on implementation of education activities.
- In coordination with M&E Officer and WASH/Shelter Officer, conduct schools physical structure and environment assessments.
- Implement education assessment including teacher’s training needs, student participation, school management.
- Ensure involvement and participation of Directorate of Education, teachers, school management and students in activities undertaken in the projects including assessment and maintain good relationships with all parties.
- Organize teacher’s capacity building workshops and learning events according to NRC guidelines and mandate.
- Ensure implementation of NRC Education activities according to INEE Minimum Standards.
- Organize and facilitate workshop and sensitization sessions on education related topics with parents, school committees and education staff.
- Participate in the organization, facilitation and implementation of training modules for education staff.
- Provide organizational and technical support to NRC non-education staff involved in education activities (ex. FSL, WASH, Shelter staff).
- Ensure projects implementation is realized in timely manner and as per objectives and planned activities.
- Prepare monthly projects activities progress report and report activities progress to the Area Coordinator.
- At least 4 years’ working experience in management of education project with INGO or UN Agencies.
- A proven record of knowledge of design and implementation of EiE projects.
- Familiar with Yemen context and geography.
- Able to work in highly insecure environment.
- Team player, flexible, hardworking and able to cope with short deadlines.
- Good documentation and report writing skills.
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- The ability to work independently, innovatively and effectively with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to work within a team – supporting other departments is essential.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to remain calm whilst dealing with conflicting priorities/work under pressure.
- Good networking, negotiation and representation skills with the ability to influence and advocate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal English and Arabic skills) and the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Ability to work with others to develop vision into strategy and communicating and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Commitment to NRCs overall aims, policies and values with experience of promoting gender equity, diversity and the interests of marginalised people in all aspects of NRC’s work.
- Ability to travel within Yemen, working flexibly and willingness to learn.
- 6 Months with possibility of renewal upon funds availability.
- Travel: More than 150 days travel
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through Post application: