Action Contre la Faim (ACF), is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. ACF currently operates in 46 countries globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
Duration: to 31/12/2018
Number of Position:5
Assignment: Responsible for screening, admissions of patients, their follow-up, anthropometric indices and screening/statistics reports.
Objective 1 : Ensure admission and discharge of patient :
- Check on measurements and medical consultation admission criteria: OTP/SFP
- Note down on register book patient admission/follow up/discharge, providing patient with ID number: OTP/SFP.
- Put on ID bracelet OTP/SFP
- Full fill patient card (all).
- For each child in follow up, check on evolution and discharge according to protocol guideline (OTP/SFP).
- Together with the nurse and midwife, ensure identification of patient to be transferred (SC or medical transfer) and liaise with team leader to facilitate the transfer
- Explain to the caretaker key information about follow up and discharge when required (OTP/SFP).
- Make sure stock for admission/discharge/follow up is available (cards, register, bracelet of different colour) and provide early alert to team leader.
Objective 2: Support Measurer at Screening corner on anthropometric measurements:
- Identify patients in a critical state of health, ensure there are taken in charge urgently ;
- Identify patient coming through referral from community or SC and those coming spontaneously.
- Identify the age of the child through vaccination card or event calendar.
- For all children less than 5 years: Take anthropometric measurements of the patients and check for oedema. Admit those presenting at least one of the admission criteria; refer to IMCI nurse those coming for IMCI if not having SAM or MAM criteria ; refer under 6 months children to nutrition nurse.
- Explain to the caretaker what the measurements are for and involve her in the activity.
- Take the weight with 0.1kg precision;
- Take the height with mm precision;
- Take MUAC;
- Check the W/H for any screened child;
- Following up the beneficiaries in charge according to the protocols by measuring them every week in the centres;
Objective 3: Ensure follow-up of patients
- Identify patient in need of support at home, or in need of home visit (absents).
- Provide list of patients in need of follow up by CHVs to community mobiliser
- Ensure a close coordination and communication with community mobiliser to collect key information from the CHVs visit to patient and record them on the beneficiary card and/or register
Objective 3 : Responsible for the statistics report
- Ensure daily weekly monthly statistical report.
- Check accuracy of the report with register book and beneficiary cards.
- Together with the nurse/midwife double check their consumption report to ensure they are in line with statistics for consumption.
Objective 4 :
To work in any mobile team that may be having a gap.
- High school certificate or any relevant professional qualification with 1 year experience in health and nutrition activities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year experience in the field nutrition and health project implementation (TFC/CMAM) preferred
- Precision and exactitude especially for anthropometrics measurements
- Familiarity with anthropometric tools and regular CMAM format to be filled on site.
- Good Humanitarian spirit,
- Knowledge of organizing record and beneficiary information.
- Ability to read, write and understand English is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and react according to evolving context/situation
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and cover letter in English, Clearly mention the position you have applied for in the subject while submitting your application, to email@example.com latest by 26 of May 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.