The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The purpose of this is to assist in the day to day implementation of the CC project.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.To support the development and implementation of appropriate monitoring processes and systems, effective communication of monitoring and evaluation information.
- Oversee data collection activities and conduct data quality checks in the field and ensure accuracy and completeness of survey questionnaires.
- Work closely with Education, FSL, Shelter, wash and ICLA to assist with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for M&E related reports
- Conduct and support frequent surveys/assessments for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Assist in the preparation of project evaluation and/or review reports and draft regular M&E report.
- Assist in the establishment and day to day management of a database and monitoring and progress tracking system.
- Assist with documentation of the projects, including project activities/inputs, outputs and outcomes (e.g. assessments, recording construction progress forms, change in behaviour and situation, etc.).
- Maintain and update the country programme M&E database, ensuring correct and swift data entry and processing.
- Assist in data collection and data entry of forms and reports as required
- Prepare routine monitoring reports, identify shortcomings and make relevant recommendations on a regular basis.
- Support collection and maintenance of geographic baseline and thematic data
- Implement Complaint, Response and Feedback Mechanism and do the daily complaint documentation and feedback.
- Assistant in any other related activities/duties.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Statistics related majors.
- Computing / IT
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Good knowledge in data collection.
- Good English Skills.
- Good use of Microsoft applications and specially excel.
- Contract duration until end of Dec 2018 (renewable according to the availability of funds).
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through Post application: