Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the position of Counselor-Educator to execute the following tasks:
DURATION: 7 months (Renewable)
MAIN PURPOSE: Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their pychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed),recreational activities and psychological first aid in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for MSF staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
- Education Counseling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma.
- Experience 1 year experience essential. Experience with NGO desirable.
- Languages Local language essential. Mission language desirable.
- Results and quality orientation
- People management
- Teamwork & cooperation
- Stress Management
- Commitment with MSF principles
- Interested applicants should send a detailed CV, cover letter, ID, and scan copy of certificates/ diplomas, in English to the following email address: email@example.com before the end of May 28th, 2018.
- Please write the name of the position you are applying for (Counselor-educator) in the subject line
- Original certificates/ diplomas will be requested during the interviews.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer. Both women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test.
- Only applications sent through email will be considered, Hard copies delivered to the office will not be accepted.