Ended ERD Program Officer (2)
DEPARTMENT: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)
LOCATION: Al Dhale’e
Reporting to: ERD Manager
Contract duration: 10 Month
Number of position (Two positions)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
ERD program officer will be the part of the field team to address the immediate food needs for food insecure and malnourished families through Cash/vouchers. He/she will be the part of Economic recovery and development team based in Al Dhale’e. He/she will work closely with the Nutrition, Protection, WPE teams, Finance, Supply Chain and the wider ERD team to implement program activities. This position reports to the ERD Manager.
ERD program officer is field-level position for economic recover development (ERD) programming- delivered through markets based approaches, for example Food Vouchers and Cash Transfer Programming . The FSO spends most of his/her time in the field, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, taking part in field level implementation activities, such as; ERD assessments, price monitoring, identifying potential beneficiaries, registering beneficiaries, the delivery of materials, taking part in distributing assistance ( e.g. food vouchers/cash) to beneficiaries and, in data collection during periodic monitoring exercises.
Program Planning & Implementation
- In collaboration with the Nutrition team take part in the identification, registration and selection of project beneficiaries according to defined selection criteria.
- In conjunction with the health, nutrition, WASH and WPE teams participate in sensitizing key stakeholders, community leaders, communities and participating households on the program objectives, timelines, entitlements and on general program activities,
- Work with community based Relief Committees (RCs) and collaborate with them in beneficiary identification and selection,
- Lead the distribution of Vouchers or Cash and or Non Food Item (NFI) products.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of the program through food vouchers and or through other cash transfer modalities as well as taking part in implementing any related livelihoods activities.
- Organize and conduct information/sensitization sessions on; livelihoods, CTP and any livelihoods related topics within the implementation areas, this requires preparation of schedules, attendance sheets and making presentations.
- Close coordination with other partners working in the area and relevant clusters.
- Participate in verification processes of vendor reimbursements/ FSP payments,
- Provide advice and support to project beneficiaries whether through the hotline or on spot and ensure the follow-up of all cases referred to department through the beneficiary feedback mechanism.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming emergency teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Collect relevant data during project implementation and provide regular reports to the Program Manager.
- Monitor Cash /voucher distribution processes by beneficiaries.
- Participate in vendor spot checks to ensure compliance to project protocols by the vendors.
- Assist in the collection of data, during assessments and post distribution surveys as and when required.
- Assist in the verification exercise or MEAL researches when needed.
Coordination & Representation:
- Maintain respectful and constructive relations with partner organizations, local authorities and humanitarian actors.
- Attend field level meetings when required and providing detailed reports to the Program Manager if necessary.
- Close coordination with Food Security & Agriculture (FSAC) cluster and Cash & Market working group (CMWG) and bi-literal discussion with partners working in the same area.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable implementation of the IRC programs.
- Raise Purchase requests as and when required. Responsible for daily weekly and monthly reports.
- Work constructively within the team and take initiative on new tasks.
- Promptly report concerns or incidents to the IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for the ERD program.
- Coordinate with the M&E staff and the wider ERD team as necessary to identify program quality issues.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com not later than 29 May 2018 putting ERD Program Officer as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted