Ended Economic Recovery & Development Assistant (2)
Department: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)
Location: Al Dhale’e
Reporting to: ERD Program Officer.
Contract duration: 10 Month
Number of position (Two positions)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
ERD program officer will be the part of the field team to address the immediate food needs for food insecure and malnourished families through Cash/vouchers. He/she will be the part of Economic recovery and development team based in Al Dhale’e. He/she will work closely with the Nutrition, Protection, WPE teams, Finance, Supply Chain and the wider ERD team to implement program activities. This position reports to the ERD Manager.
ERD assistant field-level position for economic recover development (ERD) programming- delivered through markets based approaches, for example Food Vouchers and Cash Transfer Programming . The FSO spends most of his/her time in the field, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, taking part in field level implementation activities, such as; ERD assessments, price monitoring, identifying potential beneficiaries, registering beneficiaries, the delivery of materials, taking part in distributing assistance ( e.g. food vouchers/cash) to beneficiaries and, in data collection during periodic monitoring exercises.
- Participate in planning and developing of the IRC nutrition and food voucher/Cash activities and relevant response activities if needed.
- Implement project activities based on the program objectives and intermediate results reflected in the detailed implementation plan.
- Support the ERD program officer in the preparation process for the food vouchers/cash transfers.
- To organize the sensitization session or the relief committees (RCs) and village elders for project briefing, objectives and selection criteria.
- Targeting of households based on selection criteria and responsible for food voucher/cash distribution.
- Support in the M&E system by filling all the developed forms to monitor the project activities in the field.
- Deal with the beneficiaries’ records and redeemed vouchers receipt confidentially and professionally and will take part in voucher reconciliation process.
- Ensure that the IRC program is implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and beneficiaries, in line with IRC’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with IRC’s procedures.
- Monitor program implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming emergency teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Required qualification and experience
- 2 years overall with 1 years relevant experience in the field work and relevant field.
- Diploma Degree in social work or related field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good written and spoken English and Arabic skills.
- Previous experience in Food/cash voucher programming
- Excellent computer skills / excel sheets.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com not later than 29 May 2018 putting Economic Recovery & Development Assistant as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted