Ended Data Base Assistant- DBA
DEPARTMENT: Economic Recovery and Development (ERD)
Reporting to: ERD Manager
Contract period: 10 Month
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world's leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people hit by war and natural disasters globally. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women's empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of legal rights for the vulnerable and displaced, IRC aims to accompany people on their journey from harm to home
Scope of Work :
Data Base assistant -ERD will be the part of Economic Recovery and Development team based in Aden. She will work closely with the field teams and coordinate for any type of information which needed for program reporting and record keeping. She will also coordinate with different sector like WPE teams, Finance, Supply Chain and the wider ERD team to for data management and other support to field teams required from different sectors. This position reports to the ERD Manager.
ERD- Database Assistant collects data from the field team like data of Targeting for vouchers/ cash and other livelihoods activities, she will also enter the data in excel sheet or any software for generating reports and beneficiary information. DBA will also provide support to ERD team in documentation for office record as well for the payments.
Detailed responsibilities and tasks:
- Maintain data entry of targeting in excel sheet or any software developed by the program. She will also be responsible for data analysis to generate different report. To check databases for changes and errors and to make corrections, as needed and must be responsible for data protection and
- To Develop different formats for program reporting and other activities for program implementation.
- Record keeping both in soft and hard as per the donor and the IRC internal requirement. Proper filing system to be maintained. She will also be responsible to maintain training records under different ERD components and meeting minutes of internal and external meeting.
- Support the ERD program staff in preparing the distribution plans and to prepare the beneficiary distribution list for various distributions.
- Responsible for general office duties, such as raising PRs, Time sheets of all staff and leave requests, scheduling meetings, Payment requests, staff travels, inventory and assets records in the sector, coordination with warehouse staff for any program related equipment and inventories/supplies, submission of weekly plans, field moment, or filing paperwork and sharing progress with relevant clusters.
- Secures information by completing data base backups and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming emergency teams, in the event of crisis or emergency.
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Required qualification and experience:
- 2 years overall with 1 years relevant experience required.
- 2 years diploma in Computer sciences/information technology or any relevant qualification.
- Good understanding of data entry and data analysis and use of different software’s.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good written and spoken English and Arabic skills.
- Previous experience in Food/cash voucher programming
- Excellent computer and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to Aden.email@example.com not later than 29 May 2018 putting Data Base Assistant- DBA as the email subject to be considered.
Qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer. Only short listed candidates will be contacted