FSL Field Officer Engineering
CARE International in Yemen is currently seeking for FSL Field Officer Engineering to undertake and complete all the efficient and effective implementation of FSL-related construction program through enhancement of communities’ assets.
FSL Field Officer Engineering
The main duty of FSL Field Officer Engineering position is to work closely with the FSL team leader and FSL team members for the efficient and effective implementation of FSL-related construction program through enhancement of communities’ assets. As part of the CARE FSL Team, he/she must lead all community infrastructure/assets related construction and/or rehabilitation work including feasibility study, BoQs, technical oversight, training and payments.
Planning and implementation:
- Identify the community assets and infrastructure that need rehabilitation/construction/upgrading works on the basis of consultation with the community-based committees and local council in the target villages/area.
- Plan project construction activities in coordination with the FSL team leader and FSL staff.
- Lead role in designing/reviewing/developing construction related documents (feasibility study, designs, BOQ, tender documents, monitoring forms and payment disbursement forms/documents)
- Determine scope for chosen works, including technical specifications.
- Assess on-site progress and develop site selection criteria, as per the technical assessment.
- Prepare the appropriate formats concerning construction and/or rehabilitation works as food/cash for work and food/cash for assets such as (Daily Attendance Sheet, Receipt of Tools, Weekly/Monthly summary work…etc).
- Participate in the tender analysis process and contracting, as per FSL team leader request, and ensure tenders are carried out according to CARE standards.
- Develop new field/construction management/monitoring plans, in line with other activities, to ensure coordination and efficient use of resources.
- Monitor technical site supervisors to ensure implementation of intended activities based on the specification mentioned in the technical documents and to make sure all required documents (attendance sheet, receiving tools and materials) are prepared duly.
- Visit the field to ensure contractors and/or skilled and unskilled laborersare respecting all aspects of CARE standards
- Monitor resources and coordinate vehicle usage in the field with FSL staff.
- Organize and coordinate meetings with relevant staff/ departments on construction related issues when required
- Support FSL team leader in the communication with relevant local authorities on the district (s) level to facilitate implementation of FSL-related construction/rehabilitation and upgrading activities including surveys and assessment.
Training and Record Keeping:
- Participate and lead in developing training material for community-based project construction, monitoring and maintenance.
- Train beneficiaries on the FSL- related construction/upgrading (duties and rights) and the implementation mechanism cycle.
- Conduct sessions with other FSL staff to discuss construction needs, community participation and to ensure quality construction work.
- Capture field lessons learned and share it with relevant staff and departments to reinforce and improve FSL-related construction/upgrading activities.
- Write/compile monthly construction progress reports, and translate as required.
- Keep up to date record of assets and projects inventory (data base).
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil /Environmental/Agricultural Engineering or any relevant fields.
- Good communication skills with the host communities and Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Good level of English language both spoken and writing
- Experience in conducting trainings
- 3-5 years of experience in field-related activities, specially, in the field of cash/food for work in the rural areas.
- Experience in working with water and sanitation projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Respectful and able to work with communities.
- Ability to plan and deliver results in the field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, supervisors and colleagues.
- Trustworthy and able to manage resources effectively.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles
- High level of team sprit
- Knowledge of English is an added advantage.
Interested applicants should send a CV and a cover letter (English) by May 27th, 2018 to email@example.com with the subject heading ‘FSL Field Officer Engineering- Hajja’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.