Ended HR Assistant
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: HR Assistant
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Taiz –Inside Enclave
Position Category: Full-time 1 AND Regular 1
Duration of Assignment: 5 months
Deadline : 23 May 2018
The Human Resources Department is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency as well as increasing the quality of Mercy Corps’ human resources functions including recruitment, orientation, policy implementation, compensation/benefits, performance management, staff development, discipline and exiting procedures.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for all HR functions in the enclave under the direct supervision of the HRO in Taiz, and with technical support from. The Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for implementing human resources policies and procedures, as outlined in the Mercy Corps Yemen National Staff Policy Handbook and related documents, to support the overall achievement of Mercy Corps country program plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Monitors staff attendance and ensuring that all staff timesheets are submitted on time and filed appropriately.
• Maintains an up-to-date tracking system for all types of leave in Enclave and.
• Maintains up-to-date staffing lists by program and department.
• Provides advice and support to supervisors and staff on national staff policies, as necessary.
• Provides recommendations to the HRO regarding the development and implementation of human resource policies and procedures.
• Prepares reports on Taiz- Enclave staff members (attendance statistics, hire and transfer data, exit information) as requested.
• Maintains personnel files for Taiz-based staff members, including recruitment documents, CVs, valid contracts, PAFs, timesheets, employee data sheets, disciplinary papers and performance evaluations and health insurance docs. Ensure that complete original files of all Taiz-based staff are sent to the Sana’a office with a duplicate copy maintained in the Taiz office.
• Maintains confidentiality of all national staff personnel issues including contracts/pay rates and disciplinary matters.
Recruitment and Selection
• Proactively supports enclave office teams in recruiting new staff members and welcoming candidates for other offices (full-time and short-term/casual staff).
• Ensures the recruitment of national staff adheres to the standing recruiting policies and procedures of Mercy Corps Yemen.
Orientation and exiting procedures:
• Ensures that all staff members have an up-to-date relevant job/position description, duly signed by the staff member and supervisor.
• Proactively ensures that new staff members receive a comprehensive orientation on Mercy Corps Yemen policies, procedures and systems.
• Conducts human resource policies and procedures section of the orientation program for new employees.
• Ensures timely issuance of national staff and I.D. cards.
• Ensures that all new staff members receive a copy of the Yemen National Staff Policy Handbook.
• Ensures the appropriate and timely clearance of terminated employees, as per Mercy Corps Yemen policies and procedures.
Performance Management/Staff Development:
• Maintains an up-to-date tracking system for all staff contracts in the field office, including end of probation period.
• Reminds supervisors regarding end of probation period, end of contract and year performance evaluations.
• Ensures that supervisors conduct performance evaluations as scheduled, with support from the Head of Office.
Compensation and Benefits
• Processes the monthly timesheets for all staff in enclave including collection, review and compilation into payroll. Train new staff on timesheet procedures, as necessary.
• Facilitates Mercy Corps Yemen staff members in obtaining reimbursements of insurance claims. Review claims to determine authenticity and refer any concerns to the HRO.
• Conducts himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
• Other duties as assigned by the Head of Office or HRO.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO HR Officer Taiz
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH Operations team, Finance team, Program Managers and teams in the Taiz office.
Accountability: Accountable to Mercy Corps policies and procedures, code of conduct, conflict of interest and national staff handbook and position description.
Qualifications - Knowledge and Experience:
• University degree in HR, business administration or related field.
• Minimum one year experience in human resources management, ideally with NGOs or INGOs, with demonstrable experience in: recruitment, orientation and presentations.
• High level of integrity and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Ability to multi-task and deal with sensitive issues with diplomacy and discretion.
• Good understanding of human resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
• Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Windows.
• Excellent written and spoken in English and Arabic.
• The candidate must be able to follow guidelines and reinforce organizational policies with all staff members, including senior and international staff.
• A positive attitude and an ability to work effectively as part of a dynamic team in a stressful environment.
• Excellent skills in problem-solving and a results-oriented approach to HR management.
Please note that Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. As a result, Mercy Corps Yemen recruits staff members based on the qualifications for the position, without regard to tribal affiliation, race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, disability, HIV status, marital status, or any other characteristic that may be protected by law.
- Please if you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com
- Please mention in the email subject the position and location you apply for it.