Ended Doctor (Female)
Position: Doctor (Female)
Location: CIRAM Project Al-Jawf – Barat Al-Anan.
Reports to: Project Coordinator.
Contract Duration: 9 months
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 600 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors.
The Doctor will lead the health team and the one responsible on providing medical care for all patients coming to the health facility which ADRA working in.
The Doctor will be responsible but not limited to:
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose, treat and prevention. Carry out outpatient, emergency and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting.
• Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
• Ensures patient’s confidentiality at all times.
• Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
• Ensure and participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
• Knows and ensures all medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
• Given the nature of programs and emergency activities; Flexibility is required and appreciated
• Following strictly the implemented security rules
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Medicines and Surgery
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Experience in other NGOs in developing countries.
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Essential: Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Team work
- People Management
- Priority for who has experience or certificate with Ultra-Sound.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE