Junior Security Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Junior Security Assistant
- Organizational Unit: Staff Safety & Security Unit (SSU)
- Duty Station: Yemen, Mokha
- IOM Classification: G3
- Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No.: SVN2023.027
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Tuesday, 28 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Aden Office’s Field Security Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Local Security Assistant Mokha, the incumbent will directly support and provide clerical assistance to the implementation of appropriate safety and security management procedures related to the safety and security of IOM staff and the protection of IOM assets at the Mokha Sub Office:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide clerical support to the day-to-day tasks of the IOM Mokha Sub Office’s Staff Security Unit as required.
2. Develop a basic understanding of the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) Security Management System (UNSMS) in Yemen, including the Security Risk Management Process (SRM), and its application.
3. Provide administrative support to the Senior Local Security Assistant in maintaining archives and filing systems for both electronic and physical files.
4. Support the Senior Local Security Assistant in dissemination of security related information to IOM staff members, and in monitoring staff adherence to various security plans and advisories.
5. Provide support to the Senior Local Security Assistant in maintaining an updated list of staff members with all relevant information, agency-based warden system, radio sign listing, and other safety information for the Sub Office as required.
6. Support the Senior Local Security Assistant in verifying that all security/safety and communications equipment is operational with a regular inventory duly maintained.
7. Assist the Senior Local Security Assistant in maintaining the security database of all staff including all contact details, call signs and residence locations, in coordination with the Sub Offices’ HR unit. Support the Senior Local Security Assistant that all security administration (CONOPS, MSCR, Deconfliction, Travel & Security Clearances etc) is processed in a thorough and timely manner and archived for future process if required.
8. Provide support with the implementation of fire safety and emergency plans.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by SLSA, FSO, and MFSO.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/Certificate in social science, law enforcement or certified graduation from military/police academy; or an equivalent combination of education training and experience;
Minimum three years experience (one year for University Degree holders) in security, police or military service with extensive command or leadership experience, with at least two years of international exposure in a managerial function at the United Nations, or other international organization; direct experience in the United Nations Security Management System is a distinct advantage; previous experience in providing security training to all levels of staff, including radio communications, warden management and incident management.
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; strong negotiation and interpersonal skills; ability to analyse and report on complex security issues to high level stakeholders and advise on and implement measures for mitigation; good computer skills in the MS Office applications of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; ability to develop and manage databases; personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity, creative thinking; ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and backgrounds; political and social knowledge of Marib and Hadramout governorates including knowledge of the security situation is a distinct advantage.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and National Language is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own
- action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IOM
Field Assistant (T&R)Deadline:02 Apr | Sana'a
Project Assistant (Protection)Deadline:08 Apr | Al-Mukha
Programme Assistant (MHU)Deadline:11 Apr | Aden
Project Assistant (PROTECTION)Deadline:11 Apr | Ma'rib
Junior Project Assistant (IDP Services)Deadline:11 Apr | Ma'rib