Ended Logistics Assistant
The position is critical to SCI humanitarian response programs in Yemen. It is a key SCI position, with SCI expecting that the post holder with be qualified and possess protection skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field. The Logistic assistant is responsible for the provision of support services – all tasks related to procurement and logistics based on SCI organizational mandate, priorities and donors’ agreements.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Developing self and others; Working effectively and efficiently with others
- Assist in all Procurement tasks as per SCI Procurement Manual.
- Prepare weekly records of logistics, fleet management activities.
- Assist /Update the procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis.
- Liaise with SCI Main office on all items that are not locally available.
- Maintain regular follow up with suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods as per contracts signed.
- Assist and Ensure accuracy of all inventories. Ensure Assets register and inventory for the Hodeida office is up-to-date in all times.
- Constantly monitor inventory tagging and recording in accordance with the SCI /Donor guidelines.
- Ensure SCI warehouse is managed according to SCI warehouse standards and records are well maintained.
- Ensure that all items in the warehouse are properly numbered and tagged, and all deliveries and goods issued are properly and all bid cards and stock cards are updated.
- ensure vehicle fleet management including the distribution of NFI transport needs. Ensure all vehicles meet SCI requirements for safety, management of vehicle running logs, booking and assignment of vehicles.
- assist in monitoring the car pool to ensure optimal use, which includes service and maintenance etc. Ensure that log books are always filled in and maintain an updated overview of expenses for each vehicle.
- Organize files and maintain them updated both manually and electronically.
- Assist in appropriate documentation of all logistics operations.
- Any other task as requested by the Logistics Officer
secondary school qualification
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- One year experience in managing logistics / Procurement in an international organisation or corporate enterprise
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- good in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mention the Job title in the subject line.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 22/5/2018.