Organizational Unit: FNYAR
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Primary Location: Yemen-Aden
Duration: 6 Months
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO's values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing, and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture, and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at the country level. This position is based in FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programs, and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries, and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent works under the overall supervision of the Logistics Specialist.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Drive office vehicles for the transportation of authorized personnel to meetings, delivery/ collection of mail, documents, and other office-related items.
- Ensure the office vehicle is in mechanical sound condition and adheres to security procedures and reports any deviation
- Collect and deliver mail, pouches, and other communication to and from the post office, FAOR, and other institutions.
- Sort, deliver and pick up mail from various offices on the premises at regular intervals. Keep records as required.
- Undertake logistical work pertaining to delivery, follow-up, and deliver/collect documents related to Yemen Government departments and foreign diplomatic offices as requested.
- Drop and meet official visitors/personnel at the airport, and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s), checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, lights, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing, and ensures that the vehicle(s) is kept clean.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.,
- Ensure that the required steps, rules, and procedures in the event of an accident are taken in accordance with FAO guidelines.
- Assist in operating photocopying and binding machines when requested.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Equivalent to secondary education with a minimum of 2 years of work experiences as a driver.
- Proficiency in map reading and land navigation systems.
- Understanding of office procedures and practices, preferably within the UN system or in a multicultural environment.
- Experience with driving government officials, other UN staff, or diplomatic staff is an asset.
- National of Yemen
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good/safe driving record
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repair
- Good knowledge of the area and up-to-date information on current conditions of roads
- Willingness to travel occasionally also to remoter locations outside of duty station
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from FAO
Field Food Security Capacity Building Specialist - Sana'aDeadline:27 Jan | Sana'a
Field Food Security & Capacity Building Specialist - AdenDeadline:27 Jan | Aden
Field Food Security AnalystDeadline:27 Jan | Hodiedah
Field Food Security Analyst - AdenDeadline:27 Jan | Aden
Field Food Security Analyst - IbbDeadline:27 Jan | Ibb