UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES VACANCY NOTICE
- Title of Position: Registration Assistant
- Job Opening (JO): 37949
- Type of Contract: UNOPS Individual Contractor Agreement
- Category & Level: LICA-4
- Location: Aden, Yemen
- Effective date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Until 31 December 2022
- Closing Date: 07 July 2022
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The position reports to the Assoc Registration & Identity Mgmt Officer or a senior registration staff and will be responsible for supporting all activities related to the UNHCR refugee reception center. S/he will closely work with security, registration, protection, admin, interpreters and other staff to ensure that reception activities are conducted according to UNHCR standards and effectively used for the identification of specific protection needs, for the management of operations, and for the achievement of durable solutions. The position does not have any supervisory role
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
Under the supervision of the Associate Registration & Identity Mgmt Officer, the Registration Assistant- receptionist will be responsible for
- Receive and screen asylum seekers, refugees and other persons of concern in accordance with the SO Aden Standard Operating Procedures and UNHCR’s Code of Conduct
- Identify and fast-track persons with specific protection needs, taking into consideration age, gender and diversity.
- Coordinate with security team on the management of orderly entry into the UN enclave and at the reception building, and report security incidents where applicable
- Register biodata and reasons for coming in the register and e-database.
- Counsel refugees and asylum-seekers, provide them with information at reception and in waiting areas, refer them to the appropriate units and provide them with appointment slips according to the availability of relevant staff.
- Maintain an accurate database on the number of persons of concern who have contacted the Office and provide statistics on a weekly basis.
- Provide refugee and asylum seeker certificates to persons of concern in co-ordination with the interviewing staff.
- Record letters from refugees and asylum seekers and refer them to the relevant staff for follow up.
- Ensure that basic standards of dignity, including access to water and sanitary facilities, are maintained in the reception area.
- Any other duty as may be required.
Essential minimum qualifications, professional experience and required competencies:
- Excellent Computer skills
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and able to work under pressure
- Minimum 2 years of job experience relevant to the function.
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
Desirable qualifications and competencies:
- Training in basic principles of international protection.
- Experience in working with UNHCR proGres software.
- Knowledge of English and another relevant UN language.
- Knowledge of Ethiopian language.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous
- Learning Client & Result Orientation
- Not applicable.
- Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination, and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
Candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only pre-selected candidates will be notified. Only online applications are accepted (applications sent by email will not be accepted). No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
If you have questions during the on-line application, please contact HR Team well before the deadline: at firstname.lastname@example.org (Aden) and email@example.com (Sana'a).
This is only part of the Vacancy Notice. For more information about this Job Opening, eligibility criteria and procedures please follow this link (or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies). Please follow the below instructions on applications for External Applicants.
How to Apply
Submission of applications (External Applicants)
- Interested candidates should submit their applications for this Job Opening online.
- The Applicants will need to follow this link or go to www.unhcr.org /Careers/ Vacancies
- The Applicants will need to search for the Job Opening by using the available filters (e.g. Compendium Exercise: Local Vacancies; Country: Yemen) or with its number (37949).
- Once the Job Opening is selected, the Applicants will be directed to the Job Description page in the online application process.
- Applicants must “Sign in” or “Register” and then “Sign in”, in order to apply. They must click on “New User” for the first time they apply as an external candidate.
- Applicants begin by clicking the “Apply” button, after which the page in the next image will open. The applicant must click on “Next” in order to move ahead in the application process.
- Applicants must agree to the terms, before reaching the Letter of Interest page of the application. They must include a Letter of Interest and completed online application including personal, profile and qualifications information.
- In the “Additional Information” section all questions MUST be answered. Once all is completed, the applicant may click “Review/Submit” application. Here the candidate may preview their application and review it by section.
- By clicking on “Confirmation and Consent” the applicant will submit their application, and receive automatic notification by e-mail that the application has been submitted.
Applications submitted by email will not be accepted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل