Ended Procurement Officer
Assisting the as part of the national logistics team. The Procurement Officer has the responsibility to ensure the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support to Save the Children programs in the field office , Assist the Logistics Coordinator to ensure efficiency, accountability and transparency of Logistics operations, by developing, plans and managing policies and strategies related to procuring supplies and services (in accordance of SCI policies and procedures )
In addition to supporting the coordination of the logistics issues /challenges in the process of the supply chain. Procurement Officer will assist in strategizing logistics systems in the field office with the support of the logistics coordinator.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Developing self and others; Working effectively and efficiently with others
Quick response to the emergency procurement requisitions including daily procurement process.
- Process all Procurement Requests (PRs) for goods and procurement up to Purchase Order and/or Contract stage with the support and assistance of the Procurement assistant and Logistics assistant/s.
- Take the lead of analysing of the quotes by gathering the committee till the final Comparative Bid Analysis (CBA) is approved along with the drafting of MOM.
- update / inform the warehouse officer / team with any procurement delivery well in advance for proper arrangement and to insure the procurement file dully closed and GRN is in place
- Ensure cost-effective for all procurement carried on, and timely delivery of goods and services.
- Ensure proper and easy access archiving system for all procurement cases with the assistance of the logistics team.
- Support staff in preparing clear purchase requests and other related document.
- Maintain a Price List with regular update
- Enlarge the date base of suppliers and ensure that they have the valid admin legal documents
- Prepare and compile all procurement file after closing for payment and ensure that the payment is timely send to finance and paid to suppliers.
- Proper and timely reports to be sent to the Logistics Coordinator, weekly / monthly and when required.
- update the Procurement Tracker in daily basis and to ensure sequence numbering is properly shared with the team in logistics and program along with timely update of the tracker.
- Carrying out any other supply assignments
- University level professional qualification/degree in business administration or relative
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University Degree in a related field.
- 2 years’ experience in managing logistics / Procurement in an international organisation or corporate enterprise
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills.
- Team-working skills.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Attention to detail and excellent numeracy.
- Excellent IT skills and previous experience in maintaining detailed administrative records.
- Previous experience of managing and coordinating logistics over a number of different geographic locations
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Proactive and result-oriented with a strong ability to coordinate between different teams and individuals.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
- All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
- Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hodeida.email@example.com
- Please mention the Job title in the subject line.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 22/5/2018.