MEL Assistants (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Assistants (2)
Department: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
Reports To: MEL Manager
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable people. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities has operations in countries in Africa, Americas, Asia and Europe.
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a multi-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in five governorates in Yemen, including Aden, Abyan, Lahj, Taiz, and Hadramout. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The MEL Assistant is placed in the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) department of the YCST. The Assistant must be able to keep track and respond to the data requirements of the YCST in close collaboration and follow-up with program team and partners. The post-holder is expected to perform below responsibilities and any other duties as assigned. The duties listed are representative of the nature of work assigned and not all-inclusive.
- Follows up with program team in reporting on performance indicators on regular basis as per the reporting schedule.
- Carries out data audits and spot checks on the quality of data reported by the program and the partners, using supporting documents.
- Consolidates data for program indicators for reporting.
- Undertakes documented field visits to report on the implementation of program activities.
- Follows up with the program team on implementation of corrective actions.
Mobile Data Collection
- Supports the program team with digitization of the data tools on Ona/RIMAS platform.
- Supports with training enumerators and partners on use of mobile phones-based data collection.
- Makes sure that protocols on mobile data collection are adhered to.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit YCST as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries/Participants
- YCST team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries/participant and to international standards, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and GC policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor Degree with 2 years’ experience of varied clerical/administrative responsibilities. Previous experience in USAID Programs is preferred.
- Solid computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Comprehensive experience operating personal computers to create documents using common office word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated experience performing clerical and administrative duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with an attention to detail and professionalism in all communications.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal Skills and communication skills
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From August 2021 until May 2022.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل