Program Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Caritas Poland is looking for a Program Coordinator (national position):
Duration: 3 Months with possibility of extension
Location: Aden Office
Number of positions: 1
Position: Program Coordinator
Contract details: Full-time
Starting date: Jan 2022
About Caritas Poland
Caritas Poland is the largest charity organization in Poland, carrying out its activities on the country level since 1990. Caritas Poland has also implemented numerous humanitarian and development aid projects in more than 60 countries affected by conflicts, wars and natural disasters. Recently, Caritas Poland has been particularly supporting the needy in the Middle East – in Syria, Jordan and Iraq – as well as in Colombia, Venezuela, Ukraine, Nepal and in many countries in Africa and South Asia. For more information, please refer to https://www.caritas.org/ and https://www.caritas.org/where-caritas-work/europe/poland/.
Caritas Poland has been funding health projects in Yemen since July 2019, and has received official registration in May 2020, with plans for expansion of activities across a range of sectors, currently focusing on Health and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Caritas Poland has been cooperating closely with Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) Yemen Mission.
Position reports to: Head of Mission Caritas Poland in Yemen
Under the leadership of the Head of Mission, Program Desk Officer and Technical Advisor;
- He/she provides planning, programmatic and technical support to the assigned projects
- Ensure activities are in line with the approved project proposal, budget and implementation plan, communicating issues/problems in advance to Head of Mission, Program Desk Officer and Technical Advisor and preparing course corrections as needed
- Continuous supervision and monitoring of project activities, regularly evaluating progress of the outputs and targets (through on track/off track assessments) in cooperation with MEAL team members
- Raising project risks based on program procurement plan/spend down plan and coordinate with operations to ensure procurement is received in a timely manner
- Under the guidance of the Head of Mission, work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping and communication/visibility and ensure programs are implemented in compliance with donor requirements through the project lifecycle
- In collaboration with the Program Desk Officer, organize and lead program kick off meetings, grant review meetings and grant closeout meetings
- Draft all needed narrative reports and other internal program reports and submit to Program Desk Officer and Technical Advisor for review
- Frequent travel to program sites across Southern Yemen and provide supervision and guidance to the team as needed.
- Perform other tasks and duties as requested by Head of Mission, Program Desk Officer and Technical Advisor
- Line manage staff assigned to project, including day-to-day management, developing of work plans, training plans, regular staff appraisal and performance reviews.
- Facilitate regular meetings with project teams to ensure regular information sharing on project performance
- Provide coaching and technical supervision to staff, in coordination with Head of Mission, Program Desk Officer and Technical Advisor
- At least Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience in the humanitarian work at coordination positions.
- Experience in Health, Protection and WASH interventions, as well as Sphere and other humanitarian standards.
- In-depth knowledge with computer applications, especially with Word and Excel, PowerPoint a plus.
- Excellent in communication skills in both English and Arabic; ability to communicate strategically under pressure
- Excellent writing skills – ability to develop high quality reports and accurately analyze M&E data
- Self-motivated, results-driven and excellent sense of organization
- Ability to work independently and respond to feedback in a timely and professional manner
- Experience working in different cultural work environments.
- Strong networking, interpersonal and presentation skills.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل