Trainers for Mental Health Training This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TERMS OF REFERENCE- TRAINERS FOR MENTAL HEALTH TRAINING
REFERENCE NUMBER: CON/072021/001
Yemen is currently facing a complex humanitarian crisis as the conflict has exacerbated existing chronic vulnerabilities. Consequently, Yemen is considered as one of the worst humanitarian crises. Besides the direct loss of thousands of lives, the war, blockade and economic deterioration have impacted the ability of civilians to access food, water, health and essential commodities.
Presently, MDM intervenes in the governorates of Sanaa, Amanat Alasima, Ibb, Lahj and Abyan in Yemen. MDM strategy is based on 2 key axes:
- To provide primary healthcare services, including OPD, vaccination, nutritional care, sexual and reproductive health. Currently, MDM supports 16 health facilities in both North and South of the country
- To provide mental healthcare and psychosocial support (MHPSS) in specific healthcare institutions and via a network of CHVs trained in detection and community awareness-raising
To build the capacity of mental health staff in diagnosis based on DSM5 and new therapeutic techniques.
1. To enrich the skills of participants on detect the Anxiety cases and somatic Symptoms and related disorders.
2. To provide practical training to the participants on new therapeutic techniques which used with PTSD and anxiety cases.
SCOPE OF WORK
- The trainers are expected to facilitate the whole duration of the training for 72 hours (12 days for the 3 topics). The plan of training is in the following table:
Diagnosis of Anxiety disorders based on DSM5, with comparing with DSM4
12 to 17 of August 2021
From (8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.)
New techniques on treatment for Anxiety and PTSD disorders
15 to 19 of August 2021
From (2:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Diagnosis of Somatic symptoms and related disorders based on DSM5, with comparing with DSM 4
18 to 22 August 2021
From (8:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.)
- Ensure that hand-outs/training materials are provided to MDM for printing and distribution to each participant
- Pre-test and Post-test are administered to the participants before and after the training and analysed in terms of change in knowledge
- Ensure that participants sign the attendance sheet per day during the whole duration of the training
- Training evaluation and feedback is conducted at the end of the training
- Varied methodologies (e.g. group work, role play, practical exercises) are used in the training that would facilitate active participation from the attendants
- Share with MDM all training materials used (e.g. PowerPoint presentation, handbook, manual) in electronic or hardcopy
- Submit training report following MDM training report format within one week after conclusion of the training
Psychiatric Trainers: provide the training about the diagnosis of disorders.
Psychologists Trainers: provide training about the new techniques in the treatment and managing the sessions
- The trainers shall submit full training report within one week after the end of each training
a) Expected Outputs
The Trainers shall provide the following:
1) Training Report containing the following sections:
- Background of the activity
- Training Methodology
- Training Schedule
- Training Observation and Evaluation (Pre- and Post-test analysis; Training evaluation analysis)
2) Training Attendance Sheet including that of trainers from Day 1-Day 16
3) Filled Pre-test forms from all participants
4) Filled Post-test forms from all participants
5) Filled Training Evaluation Form
DURATION OF ENGAGEMENT
The assignment will be carried out during the period (12 to 22 August 2021).
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS OF TRAINERS
- Graduate of Psychiatry, psychology, Master’s degree or specialty degree is desirable
- Well proven and demonstrated capacity and experience in facilitating trainings of the same topic at least for one year.
- Excellent communication and facilitating skills
- experience conducting trainings for INGO staff desirable.
- Competent with basic analysis and tools (Excel) to analyse test results
- Competent with MS Office programs
- Excellent writing skills
- Expertise on the training topics
- Can finish the specified work according to agreed timeline
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل