Programme Associate This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Programme Associate, GS6, Fixed Term Appointment, Sa’adah
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone and we never give up.
For every child, Dignity
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child and it was enacted immediately. Since then the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
In collaboration with local authorities, non-governmental organizations and community partners, UNICEF is working in all the governorates in Yemen to respond to the needs of children throughout the country with a continuum of services to help children survive and grow to their full potential through the following programmes: Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Basic Education, and Child protection.
For more on our work in Yemen, please visit our website: https://www.unicef.org/yemen/
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision and guidance of the supervisor, the programme associate supports the respective section (s) by carrying out a range of programme support functions to help develop, implement and monitor their country programme, ensuring effective and timely delivery that is consistent with UNICEF rules and regulations.
To make a difference in the lives of children, you will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Facilitation of PCAs (Programme Cooperation Agreements)
- Support the administrative process of Direct Cash Transfer (DCTs)
- Conducting programme monitoring in UNICEF focus Districts for cash and supplies
- Tracking the efficient distribution of supplies
- Processing of VISION Transactions
- Preparing monitoring and reporting information for Supervisor and team
- Regularly monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of section
- Helping prepare periodic or ad-hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors
- Support in preparing training materials and participating in exercises
For more details on the Job Profile, double-click this link: Programme Associate G-6.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have...
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization
- A minimum of six years of administrative or clerical work experience is required
- Prior experience in programme support functions is an asset
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset
- Fluency in Arabic & English is required
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The Functional competencies for the post are:
- Analyzing (2)
- Applying technical expertise (2)
- Planning and organizing (2)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (2)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل