MEAL Specialist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Terms of Reference
Location: Sana’a with 30% field visits.
Reports to: Health & Nutrition MEAL Specialist.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations in order to alleviate the sufferings of the most vulnerable groups. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Working under the supervision of the Health and Nutrition Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and learning (MEAL) Specialist, the MEAL Specialist will be assigned to carry the M&E scope with the implemented project with conducting frequent field visit to the target governorate. The MEAL Specialist will work closely with Health and Nutrition MEAL Specialist to implement the organization’s MEAL commitments in the specific targeted areas for the nutrition program funded by WFP, improve program quality through improving data management systems and processes. The MEAL Specialist will supervise the M&E assistant in the targeted governorate as well as having the responsibility for conducting ITT, Activity Tracking Sheet, Prepare the monthly M&E plan and ensure its implementation and providing the technical support and capacity needed.
- Strengthening existing M&E system for nutrition program within the organization.
- Ensure that CMAM, IYCF, BSFP nutrition protocols\guidelines per Yemen protocols are respected and strictly adhered to, such as admission, discharge criteria, referral system and follow up of defaulter cases.
- Follow up the data management process of the organization’s nutrition figures on the project levels and establish summary reports to be disseminated upon request with the concerned stakeholders.
- Establish a comprehensive MEAL plan on monthly basis with the assistance of the M&E focal points that include the dates, locations of the attended field visits and project review meetings.
- Responsible for appropriate follow up to ensure proper record keeping adhere to the organization’s logistics procedures, accountability policies and preventing spoilage and stock out, and report if deviations occur.
- Supervise the monitoring of the referral for SAM cases with medical complications in established stabilization Canters available in the area.
- Supervising the follow up and monitor that treatment protocols for MAM cases are followed and understood at the HFs.
- Train all of the Nutrition M&E focal points at the targeted governorate at beginning of each employment period on M&E scope and mandate within nutrition project, the complaint and feedback mechanism considering the organization AAP SOP.
- Support in preparing monitoring and evaluation monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual narrative reports.
- Arrange to conduct projects review meetings on monthly basis with the project / program team and prepare the minutes with the corresponding outcomes, action points to be circulated with the concerned staff.
- Prepare Nutrition MEAL Annual Report.
- Prepare and develop all M&E relevant required forms/ systems reports.
- Preparing and sorting received documents and identifying forms that need to be entered of those related to MEAL unit.
- Conduct field visits to HFs and distribution points to collect information from the beneficiaries’ households and other stakeholders and ensure data collection is conducted on time and in accordance with the data collection plan.
- Ensuring accuracy of entered data through sample-comparing with all HFs records.
- Evaluate the access to the ior supported activities for vulnerable legitimate beneficiaries and ensure the identification of potential barriers that might hinder access to services.
- Support the analysis of data in line with the M&E plan.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on program indicators.
- Track and monitor outputs and expected results of ongoing projects with regular updating of IPTT, collect and review of activities’ Means of Verifications (MoVs), as well as the extent of completion of various activities and present findings to MEAL Coordinator, MEAL senior officer, and Project Manager.
- Regularly collate and document lessons learned and share best practices, extracted from monitoring finding and after actions reviews, with projects/programs staff and/or external stakeholders after the approval of MEAL Specialist.
- Support the execution of events in the department such as, organizational project learning by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant information on monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assess the satisfaction of beneficiaries with regards to the activities.
- Ensure that all received complaints &feedback are documented and closed according the organization’s CFM guidelines and integrated with lessons learned.
- Transfer qualitative data provided on surveys and forms into numeric information/ quantitative data when required and if needed.
- Work in a professional manner and on acorn=dance with the organization’s humanitarian mission and core values.
- Establish and implement proper and comprehensive Complaints-Feedback Mechanism (CFM), as well as information sharing mechanism, for projects according to the organization’s Accountability guidelines.
- Provide monitoring updates\reports regarding the services provided.
- Regular follow up of the activities conducted by CHVs.
- Conduct incentive verification in regular biases.
- Report any deviation, or violation occur immediately.
- Any other related tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in Statistics, Development studies, health or other relevant degree.
- Experience with Nutrition program, including CMAM approach.
- Strong computer skills required. Successful candidates will have an excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word processing.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation/ project management is mandatory.
- Very good oral and writing skills in English and Arabic.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل