Programme Assistant (Outreach and Reporting) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Posting: 05/Oct/2021
Closure Date : 20/Oct/2021, 12:59:00 AM
Job Type : Non-staff opportunities
Grade Level: N/A
Primary Location: Yemen-Sana'A
Duration: 80 Days
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
FAO's office for Yemen is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing countrywide food, agriculture and rural development priorities under Yemen. It develops and maintains relations with the relevant Ministries at country level. This position is based in the FAO Representation in Sanaa, Yemen. The main aim of FAO country offices, which are headed by a FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to support the development of the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The incumbent works under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Yemen, the general supervision of the Emergency Outreach and Reporting Specialist ensuring coherence of all communication and information outputs with FAO’s corporate communication policy and operational guidelines.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Programme Assistant (Outreach and Reporting) will:
• Develop and maintain an online archive of FAO communication products, including a photo library and a video vault, ensuring that contents are accurately catalogued and indexed, with all the required metadata entered.
• Assist in the development of various multimedia digital content, to ensure that FAO Yemen’s activities are consistently reflected on FAO's emergency and corporate websites and on FAO’s corporate social media accounts.
• Assist in the daily management of FAO Yemen social media accounts, production of social media content, creation of engaging posts and regular monitoring of FAO implementing partners’ social media to ensure regular updates and consistent branding of FAO’s activities on social media.
• Assist in clearance processes for visibility items and communications materials through FAO's Publications Workflow System, to ensure that all relevant publications are entered correctly in the system and keeping communication products and publications in the online repository up to date.
• Assist in liaising with several communication service providers for the production of audio-visual communication materials, including photography and video production.
• Assist in the production of English and Arabic Information products for different audiences, including for project activities, workshops and events and supporting field missions for collecting video footage and photography materials.
• Perform any other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• University degree in Digital Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, International relations, Social Sciences, or any other related field.
• At least 4 years of relevant work experience developing digital media content for development or humanitarian actions.
• Prior experience working with video productions and digital archiving of multi-media content.
• Prior experience working with social media is highly desired.
• Proficient working knowledge of English and Arabic Languages (Interpretation or translation accreditation will be an added advantage).
• National of Yemen or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل