Supply Chain Assistant
Duty Station [Aden -Yemen]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a protection of human rights framework, DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict. Programmers include protection, livelihood, food and NFI distribution, water and sanitation, and advocacy amongst others. DRC Yemen has been providing relief and development services in Yemen since 2008. DRC has mainly focused on refugees and migrants displaced by conflict and natural disasters.
DRC, through its specialized business unit, Danish Demining Group (DDG) aims to recreate a safe environment where people can live without the threat of landmines, unexploded ordinances and small arms and light weapons”. These goals can be effectively advanced through cooperation and joint action with other organization as well as with integration of operations and programs with its sister organization, DRC.
About the job:
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Assistant is to ensure that the programmatic needs of the field offices are addressed and met in an efficient, timely, transparent, accountable and cost-effective manner. The Supply Chain Assistant will work closely with the Supply chain Team to ensure smooth and effective running of logistic in general and fleet activities in particular and any other tasks assigned by the supply chain team leader.
- Follow the procurement procedures and ensure value for money for all the procured works, services and supplies for the assigned warehouses and offices in Aden.
- Ensure that items delivered by the vender are in good condition and guarantees are available for guaranteed products.
- Ensure timely delivery of items and proper documentation of items received from the vendor;
- Manage, constantly update and share internally the Procurement sheet reflecting all procurement;
- Keep up to date filing system in Supply chain department.
- Managing DRC fleet in the assigned offices in Aden.
- Ensure DRC’s Fleet Management Manual are applied in all DRC owned and leased vehicles including proper service and maintenance systems for all assigned vehicles in Aden office.
- Ensure all vehicles meet DRC requirements for safety, management of vehicle running logs, booking and assignment of vehicles.
- Ensure required licenses, insurance and registration of all DRC vehicles in the fields are up to date and documented.
- Ensure vehicles log sheet books filled and updated all the time, and maintain an updated overview of expenses for each vehicle.
- Book all transport requests for rental vehicles as appropriate, prepare contracts related to DRC vehicles.
- Ensuring all DRC drivers are adhering to DRC driving and safety regulations.
- Monitor Fuel usage; prepare all fuel tracking sheets, and relevant regular report.
- Assist in managing DRC assigned warehouses in Aden.
- To ensure up-to-date records on all warehouse flows on paper and electronics according to the approved systems. Follow up stock defects, irregularities and shortfalls as required and either take necessary actions yourself or bring it to the attention of the Supply Chain Team Leader;
- Ensuring that all items issued from the warehouse, purchased or received for onward transportation are appropriately documented and accompanied by the required waybills;
- To carry out close inspection of Project items/materials delivered to the warehouse, to ensure that they are the right quantity and quality;
- Ensure a proper state of cleanliness and order in the warehouse;
- Ensuring that correct supply request documentation for items/materials are produced with an approval from the departments;
- Ensuring that programme staff provides details of when and where project items are needed and ensuring that they are delivered to the correct location safely and within agreed time frame;
- Ensure proper storage and maintenance of all office equipment in the field offices and warehouses;
- Maintain and update stock and asset inventory list on a weekly basis.
- Following on distribution activities in the warehouses for the projects goods along with programs teams, and ensure proper reconciliation for the goods distributed with goods issued from different DRC’s warehouses through completing and submitting complete distribution list/s.
- Ensure that the warehouse situation is meet to DRC warehouse policy, in case any defects, the supply chain warehouse assistant is requested to report that immediately.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- At least 1-2 year of experience in similar positions.
- Motivate and able to work independently and good team player.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Motivate and able to work independently and good team player.
- Ability & willingness to travel to the field
- Works well under pressure and in meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized with excellent ability to coherently lead diverse spread out teams.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- • Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- • Bachelor, Diploma /Degree in any related field.
- • Arabic (Fluent)
- • English (desirable)
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until December 2022, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work As soon as possible, and be willing and able to work in Aden.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. This position will be placed at Band (I Non- Manager) and will be reporting to Supply Chain Team Leader.
How to Apply
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or the link below.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
Females are encouraged to apply for this position
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 30 September 2022. The interviews are expected to take place, in two weeks after advertisment closing date.
Need further information?
For more details on this position, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that applications sent directly to [firstname.lastname@example.org] will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل