WHO WE ARE
ITDC was founded in 1969 as the “Swedish Center”, a vocational center focused on poverty reduction, and community development. Over the subsequent decades ITDC left a legacy of improving the lives of Yemenis across multiple generations.
During the following years, and particularly with the onset of the conflict in 2015, ITDC has expanded its activities, programs and geographic areas to include a wider spectrum of relief, recovery and development programming across multiple governorates of Yemen.
Economic Impact Survey (EIS) Officer
The EIS Officer will report to the Project Leader. This position is specifically in connection with the Triple Nexus Project.
We are looking for a person with monitoring and evaluation experience to help design survey and interview materials, conduct phone surveys and personal interviews, analyze data and prepare written reports on the economic impact of solar program in the Taiz area. The EIS Officer will be responsible to call past graduates of the 9-day solar course and 1-day solar cooking courses to determine what economic and environmental benefits they have experienced and potentially carryout follow-up interviews in person. The EIS Officer will work in close cooperation with the solar training staff to identify the lists of graduates and provide feedback to the solar staff on the information gathered.
Work Location: Taiz Office, Remote Office
Hours: 20-25 hours/week
Work Period: Start Work: 01 October 2021
End of Work: 31 March 2022 (possible extension)
Responsibilities and Duties
• Oversee translation of the survey and interview data from English into Arabic and Arabic into English
• Conduct phone surveys of past graduates from the solar program
• Conduct face to face interviews with key informants
• Record and document information collected from graduates into reports and templates
• Analyze collected data and extract common trends from participants responses
• Calculate cost savings amounts and carbon reduction amounts based on collected data
• Document stories of past participants including pre-condition, experiences in training and benefits or challenges following the training
• Write reports in Arabic and oversee translation into English from the collected data following project templates
• Coach solar staff in pre- and post-training information gathering improvements
• A graduate degree in a relevant field.
• Proven experience in monitoring, evaluation, and field surveys
• Fluent in verbal and written Arabic & English skills
• Experienced in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
• Ability to analyze collected data and survey sample sizes
• Capable of operating Kobo data survey forms
• Ability to understand solar technical terms and data
• Strong skills in conducting oral interviews
• Strong report writing skills
• Working in multicultural team environment with the flexibility in working hours and travel
How to Apply
All applicants must send an updated CV in English. Apply online via our link below. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: The 28th Sep 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Only applications sent through the link mentioned above will be considered, hard copies delivered to the office will not be accepted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل