Fleet Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Fleet Officer
Location :- Country Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff
The Fleet Assistant has the responsibility to coordinate vehicle & staff movements, manage the fleet and cover efficiently transport needs of our programs and operations. Assist in with the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support to the Save the Children (SC)team in the country programme.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Maintain daily vehicle movement plan, schedule and records, and assign vehicles (including motorcycles and generators) as needed providing daily movement schedule by the close of business the previous day. This includes scheduling night and weekend drivers to be on call.
- Work with Mechanics to organize routine maintenance schedule for all vehicles and ensure that regularly used parts and tools are in stock.
- Liaise with Travel Officer to plan and provide pick up and drop off support to incoming and outgoing staff and guests from the airport
- Liaise with procurement team on incoming goods to determine and plan transport needs
- Liaise with programme officers in executing planned trips within Sana’a and to & from field locations.
- Directly lead, manage and motivate the Drivers, and ensuring they have clear travel plans and receive regular supervision and reviews.
- Ensure that vehicles are maintained regularly; log book is strictly recorded; drivers’ competency is regularly tested and the necessary corrective measures are taken.
- Ensure correct and accurate utilisation of log books with routine checks for correct completion
- Conduct training and daily vehicle inspections along with drivers and mechanics; monitoring use of vehicles through log books.
- Maintain proper filing of all importation documents of all vehicles in individual files and keep track of their movement within the country.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, tracking and filling of all maintenance, repair activities.
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator by assessing external vehicles identified for rental contracts and provide appropriate assessment reports. He/she must ensure that Save the Children only rented vehicles that are fully roadworthy and safe for usage in the programmes.
- Work with government and insurance companies to ensure proper documentation is provided for all vehicles.
- Ensure that all vehicles are equipped according to Save the Children standards (spare tyres, first Aid kits, maintenance tools, tow ropes, winch etc.
- Make certain that all transport and logistics requirements are delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with programme managers and staff
- Ensure that all office based vehicles are clean, fuelled and regularly serviced as per schedules, and maintain vehicle maintenance records and plan for maintenance schedules.
- Manage process of vehicle repairs and maintenance schedules in/with authorised workshops according to standard save the children vehicles policies.
- Ensure that all vehicles are licenced and have relevant insurance (third party and comprehensive).
- Be responsible for monitoring and handling licence fees and payments for insurance fees for all CO vehicles before expiries.
- Ensure that annual inspection and registration of vehicles and motor bikes is conducted as per government requirements
- Monitor stocks of diesel and petrol and have all vehicles refuelled for next day’s operation
- Ensure that all drivers are properly licensed and that all vehicles have emergency contact numbers, internal vehicle numbers, and Save the Children branding.
- Identify suitable mechanic for vehicle maintenance and ensure and follow up the quality of this maintenance.
- Travel to field locations to assess fleet and driver performance, locations, and general vehicle procedures management in the field as needed.
Lead, manage and motivate the drivers, ensuring that they have clear instructions and receive meaningful feedback on their performance:.
- Supervise the Drivers, including making sure that vehicle available when required (Travel board, weekly planning/booking of transport requirements), completing log books (mileage, petrol purchases, and consumption)
- Ensure that Night shift drivers are always stand by and their telephones are active throughout the shift time
- Ensure that each driver has received copy of the Save the Children’s policy guideline and adhered.
- Ensure that there all drivers has weekly schedule for their movement to field and with in Sana’a.
- Produce vehicle and performance and utilization report on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis
- Check Driver log books weekly, mileage, petrol purchases and consumption, then proceed the car weekly reports
- Ensure that all required data for Pro Fleet System is updated into the system on daily or weekly basis.
- Data is provided to Fleet Coordinator for cost charging to FSCM.
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to Save the Children in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy to ensure maximum protection for children.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate degree or any other equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of computer software packages (MS Word and MS Excel)
- Good spoken and written English
- Mechanical Knowledge of Vehicles
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least three years of general work experience
- 1-2 years of specific sector work experience in a similar position
- Experience in basic vehicle repair and maintenance
- Driver’s license.
- Should be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to take initiatives
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
“Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Women are strongly encouraged to apply”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل