Governorate Focal Point (DTM) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Governorate Focal Point (DTM)
Organizational Unit: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
Duty Station: Yemen, Aden
IOM Classification: M4
Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : CFCV2022.058
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Monday 27 JUN 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall coordination of the DTM Project Officer and under the direct supervision of the DTM Programme Assistant, and the technical guidance from the information management team, the incumbent will be responsible and accountable for data collection by the field team for DTM activities in the governorate of responsibility.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Monitor enumerators to ensure data collection adheres to DTM guidelines and is performed on a daily basis, report on enumerators work performance and submit timesheets.
2. Ensure timely data entry of forms, surveys, and questionnaires in DTM data collections systems.
3. Support data verification and quality control to ensure accuracy in data collection tools, forms, surveys, and questionnaires in a timely manner before data entry in DTM database systems.
4. Assist the logistical and administrative operations of DTM in the governorate of responsibility with the help of program support assistant.
5. Under the guidance from the Programme Assistant, identify and liaise with Key Informants, authorities, NGOs, implementing partners, and other stakeholders as requested.
6. Regularity assist in providing inputs on reports on data collection activities, governorate conditions and priority areas, to the Programme Assistant to inform on future activities
7. Assist on collecting information on the humanitarian situation and needs through close coordination with counterparts and Key Informants at the governorate, district and location level.
8. Visit locations of IDP, Returnee, and Migrant, and gather information on their number, location, demographic, needs, and other data as requested.
9. Perform any other related duties assigned by direct supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Higher Diploma in Business or Public Administration, Information Technology, Public Health, Humanitarian Affairs, or a related field with three years of relevant experience, OR
- Secondary school education with 5 years of relevant experience in Public Administration, Information Technology, Public Health, Humanitarian Affairs, or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience in humanitarian programmes data collection for IDPs and migrants.
- Experience liaising with governmental authorities, national or international institutions, NGOs, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in data/information management preferably in conflict situations, and experience in different data collection methodologies.
- Experience with international organizations, INGOs, and NGOs an advantage.
- Sound and proven understanding of migration issues in Yemen and the wider region and its related issues.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
- Proven skills to assist in analysing statistical information.
Languages: English and Arabic
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل