SENIOR COUNTRY PROGRAM MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Country Director
LOCATION: Aden, Yemen with travel to projects
The Senior Country Program Manager is responsible for all project delivery for LWR Yemen’s portfolio. Her/his primary responsibility is to oversee all phases of project development and implementation and partner identification. S/he coordinates with peer international NGOs in a manner that comports with LWR’s vision, values, and strategy. S/he plays a key role, working with other LWR Departments to link programs and partners to donor, constituent, and advocacy targets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide technical assistance and project oversight to program and implementing partner staff in designing, implementing, and evaluating development programs in agriculture, climate change and emergencies, etc.
2. Work with partners to ensure the timely submission of complete, high-quality concept papers, proposals, progress, financial, audit and evaluation reports in accordance with LWR’s guidelines. Track partners’ submission of reports. Provide or arrange training for partners that are consistently late or whose reports are inaccurate or inadequate.
3. Work with partners in distilling lessons learned from project and program implementation. Report to the regional Senior Technical Program Manager on lessons learned and use that information to improve practice and to inform the next planning cycle. Promote learning among partners in the country.
4. Work in close coordination with the Humanitarian Program Manager based in Jordan to ensure timely response to disasters and complex emergencies.
5. Ensure that all programs conform to internal compliance standards.
6. Ensure that all donor objectives and requirements are met, including compliance standards and reporting.
1. Oversee outputs of direct reports.
2. Conduct performance planning and performance evaluations with staff on a regular basis.
3. Work with staff to develop work plans and set objectives on a regular basis.
Safety and Safeguarding
1. Act as Security Focal Point for the LWR country office. Maintain the Country Safety and Security Manual and conduct briefings and security updates as required.
2. Act as safeguarding lead for the Yemen country office with all related duties, including receiving training, ensuring that staff are aware of relevant policies, and ensuring that safeguarding principles are included in all new program development and program implementation.
1. Work with internal stakeholders to support development of high-quality proposals for key target donors.
2. In coordination with the Country Director, maintain an awareness of the in-country donor landscape and advocate for new opportunities in line with agency strategic objectives.
3. Conduct any other duties assigned by the Senior Regional Director
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum of five years professional experience leading, managing, and implementing emergency response programs, preferably in a conflict setting;
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of major humanitarian donors.
- Demonstrated experience in management of shelter and health sectors is highly desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Fluent English speaking and comprehension skills required;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, and tasks efficiently.
- Strong budgeting and budget monitoring skills including a high level of proficiency with MS Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing a multicultural team, and a commitment to capacity building.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to details.
How to Apply
To apply, please send you CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل