HR Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Duty Station Hajjah
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
Under the supervision of HR Team Leader, The HR Assistant is responsible for performing general human resources function, and play a key role in the overall HR function including staff recruitment, Contract preparations, staff leaves/ attendance and time sheets tracking. The HR Assistant plays a key role in supporting DRC Yemen, Hajjah program’s staffing needs and works closely with HR Team Leader to comply with Programme and Operation requirements.
Working with ERP dynamics for creation,update,following all HR maters in DRC DDX.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track the attendance of all staff in daily basis.
- Track leave database, eligibility, availed and closing balances of leaves for DRC staff in ERP dynamics.
- Provide the updated Leave tracker on Weekly basis to the HR Team Leader.
- Assist in collect & verified timesheet from DRC staff and submitted to HR department.
- Maintain digital and electronic records of employees.
- Assist with performance management procedures in ERP dynamics.
- Schedules examinations by coordinating appointments.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Assist HR Officer with recruitment, record maintenance, and provide clerical support to all Employees.
- Complete termination paperwork and exit interviews.
- Maintain the HR files such as employee personal files, recruitment file, PF related
- Documents at the Area office level organized and archived properly and in ERP dynamics as well.
- Responsible for implanting planning of new DRC staff on board provided by HR officer.
- Ensure that induction plan is signed off and filed in the personal file of all employees.
- Follow up with CO or insurance service provider for issuing insurance IDs.
- Any other task assigned from line manager.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in HR, Business Management or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in HR.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate and write clearly in English.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Fluency in Arabic language.
You are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Contract length: Till 31/12/2021, with possible extension based on fund and performance.
Work place: Hajjah
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level (NMI).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل