Ended Sub Cluster Coordinator
DIVISION / DEPARTMENT / LOCATION: Taiz –Hoban OFFICE (or alternative location if required)
SALARY: Range:To ................ Competitive - Negotiable based on competencies and experience
JOB FAMILY: Programme Technical
LEVEL: D1- National
OXFAM PURPOSE: To work with others to find lasting solutions to poverty and suffering
TEAM PURPOSE: To ensure Oxfam has the management, technical and logistical capacity to both scale up and to respond rapidly to major humanitarian emergencies anywhere in the world.
JOB PURPOSE: To support the development and implementation of Oxfam GB’s humanitarian work by providing specialist advice and support on humanitarian protection.
Post-holder reports to: Program manger Taiz-, Oxfam, Yemen
Matrix management (technical support): Oxfam GB Protection Adviser, .
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: As required
- Coordination of and delivery of agreed plans or strategies. Input to strategic plans and processes at country, region and global thematic level (e.g. protection strategy)
- Representation in coordination meetings and external relationships
- Impact and influence in own team, RC, in country teams across sectoral specialities.
- Manages project and people (including matrix management). Providing specialist advice or specific skills to team (in case any team under supervision).
- Collaborates with other teams and departments
- Management tasks are complex and non-routine within a specialised function.
- Requires the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to a wide audience and to communicate complex concepts and issues in a relevant and meaningful way to other Oxfam staff.
- Decision-making requires significant levels of judgement based on technical and management experience, generally advising line management or the programme team.
- Role is variable with well-defined targets and/or minimum standards and is both proactive and reactive.
- To play active role in lobby and advocacy on issues related to programmes through personal contacts and co-ordination of allies.
- To take part in public campaigns based on agreed plan of action and objectives.
- To support fundraising efforts and produce clear and quality reports (financial and narrative) that demonstrate good accountability.
- Impact is on own department/Region, and through the impact of the team's work on technical quality of Oxfam’s humanitarian work on the whole of Oxfam, e.g. on the international profile of the organisation.
- Works with similar post holders and advisers across Oxfam GB and other affiliates.
The situation in Yemen is highly changeable and this job description is subject to change as the situation evolves. As such the post-holder will be expected to be flexible as to working location; however should security conditions allow, we would expect the post-holder to be based in and travel within Yemen where possible.
- Support Program Manager Taiz in implementing Protection activities in Taiz and establish and train Community Based Protection Networks
- Provide specialist protection advice and support to Oxfam’s humanitarian response inTaiz
- Coordinate with local NGO partners and provide technical support and supervision to help them accomplish the project tasks and achieve project objectives
- Manage the implementation of protection activities and line management of Community Health Volunteers in target districts
- Support advocacy and campaigning on protection issues within the context of Oxfam’s Rights in Crisis Campaign.
- Represent Oxfam with key protection actors such as ICRC, UNHCR, IOM, OCHA and actively participate in the Protection Cluster and relevant Areas of Responsibility.
- Provide capacity-building on protection issues to the Community Based Protection Networks, Community Health Volunteers and local partners
- Participate in Oxfam’s internal Protection Peer Group and contribute to Oxfam’s global strategic thinking on protection
- Focal person for donor coordination and reporting
- Produce high quality donor reports
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years involvement in humanitarian response work, preferably in program coordination in protection work in conflict or insecure environments.
- Strong conceptual and practical understanding of protection issues and specifically Oxfam’s approach to and role in protection work including capacity building
- Understanding of the Protection Cluster and other protection coordination mechanisms and the roles and mandates of key protection actors
- Analytical skills and strategic thinking including experience developing written analysis and strategies for protection
- Strong understanding of gender-related aspects of protection work. Commitment to gender equity, diversity and equal opportunities
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience of effective community engagement and coordination among key actors in complex and challenging environments
- Experience of capacity-building and training of community networks, community volunteers and local NGO partners
- Project coordination skills
- Arabic language skills
- Experience of participation in the protection and cluster
Please Interested candidates are kindly requested to visit our website below for More details about post and apply through Post application: