Ended Health & Nutrition Project Assistant
Health and Nutrition Project assistant – Hajjah
Under overall guidance and supervision of Health and Nutrition project officer, health and Nutrition Project assistant will support the daily operational management of all component of primary health care activities in the assigned region, and provide the technical support for health and nutrition team, ensure timely flow of information to and from filed, This position is also responsible to monitor and evaluate health and nutrition services delivery according to national protocol. Beside provision of technical support, training and capacity building, representation of the following field HF, , supervision of whole project field reports.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversee/conduct assessments as needed in the health facilities.
- Assist in comprehensive training programs for health and nutrition HWs in CMAM / IYCF, IMCI, RH and EPI, as well as CHWs .
- Ensure that clinical and nutritional protocols are accessible to medical staff in the field and support the team and adhered with,and to manage the Nutrition programme and implementation of activities according to generally accepted humanitarian and international standards (e.g. Sphere guidelines, Red Cross Code of Conduct, WHO guidelines) and ensuring that links are made across all sectors and that an integrated approach is adopted;
- Assist primary health care activities at HFs and screening of children 6-59 months at targeted areas and referral of needed malnourished cases and life saving cases to the nearest hospitals and general supervision for all nutrition programs in targetd districts, with overall technical guidance of nutrition team;
- Assist Pharmacist officer support, distribution plan of medication for every HF.
- Assist In close collaboration with the ICCM supervisors, Community mobilzer officer, FSL and WASH team distribute IEC materials;
- Assist in establish mother to mother support group for promotion of IYCF practices and provide continuous on the job training and support;
- Ensure all staff understand and implement program guidelines used for CMAMA protocols and for assessing the mother-child pair, advising the best feeding option and following up as appropriate;
- Assist in Provide regular supervision and technical support for health facilities including data collection/records of beneficiaries and program activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to the program objectives to ensure safe, effective delivery of health care to target population;
- Assist in submition of weekly and monthly progress report of health and nutrition activities and submit report on time and work with health information system officer to ensure that production statistic is collected, compiled and reported to senior managers;
- Assist in provide data, case studies and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use;
- Assist that staff responsibilities are clearly defined and understood with performance objectives set against work plans and regularly monitored;
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all SC resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace;
- Attend weekly meeting with other H&N team, and Perform other duties requested by his line manager.
BSc/diploma in Health & Nutrition or equivalent; (nursing/medical qualification desirable)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least one years of professional experience of emergency nutrition work including undertaking assessments, contributing to designing, implementing and running programmes, and monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent computer skill including word,exel, and power point
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic languages
- Experience in staff training and capacity building
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of national staff and partners with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hajja.email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 21/07/2018.