Ended Reproductive Health & EPI Project Officer
Reproductive Health and EPI Project Officer – Hajjah
The Reproductive Health & EPI Project Officer is responsible for providing overall technical support and guidance to the field staff in collaboration with Health and Nutrition Program coordinator to ensure that Project activities are implemented according to the approved work plans. She/he will be required to visit project sites in the impact areas on a regular basis. She/he will also be responsible for maintaining regular contact in coordination with the H&N Officer with all partners, including the Ministry of Health, UN agencies and other NGOs.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- In collaboration with the Health & Nutrition Officer provide technical support and supervision to the Reproductive Health and EPI service care activities within health facilities ensuring quality of SCI programming.
- Supervise Basic reproductive health services in the impact areas, while working with health and nutrition Officer and MOPHP staff in the Health Facilities.
- Maintain and provide all health facilities by reproductive health and EPI documents related to standards, practices and policies.
- Support MOPHP in the provision of prenatal care, delivery care, postnatal care, and essential newborn care services at primary health facilities. Ensure distribution of Clean Delivery Kits (CDKs) to pregnant women in their third trimester.
- Work with the community mobilization team and volunteers to conduct community education to increase awareness among both men and women on reproductive health issues including pregnancy care, safe deliveries assisted by skilled providers at health facilities, and recognition of danger signs during pregnancy and delivery..
- Plan and support refresher trainings on EPI, prenatal care, post-natal care (PNC), delivery care, family planning and health education. Support the coordination of surveys, assessments and capacity building plans.
- Assess and plan for the provision of vital equipment for health facilities where there is a lack of delivery kits, resuscitation tools and blood pressure monitors. Done in collaboration with H&N Officer, community mobilizers, health facility staff and community.
- Support the establishment and roll out of referral system for complicated obstetrical cases to basic and comprehensive obstetrical centres. Provide health education materials including IEC materials for community health workers, mothers & pregnant women.
- Work with the health and nutrition Officer and MOPHP staff to develop work plans to guide implementation of the program. Support the Field teams in the implementation and monitoring of the work plans ensuring that activities reflect the commitments SCI made to the donor and the community.
- Work with the field teams to ensure that EPI and RH activities are implemented in promoting protection rights, participation, capacity building, and partnership.
- Work with health program staff to periodically monitor the quality of RH care in SCI health facilities using standard quality of care tools based on Sphere Minimum standards and WHO guidelines.
- Work with the field teams to promote the culture of learning and documentation so that lessons learned and good practices are documented and shared for institutional memory and learning
- Work with health manager on development of easy and user-friendly data collection tools, and ensure that data is analyzed, interpreted and used appropriately
- Provide accurate regular reports, document results and maintain detailed records of the overall RH and EPI project activities in the governorate.
- Undertake other activities as assigned by the health team leader and H&N program manager.
- Ensuring vaccines, supplies and equipments are available for all health facilities. Maintain cold chain equipment and process. Technical support and capacity building for vaccinators.
- Coordinate and organize EPI campaign according to the need and budget availability with good coordination with MOH.
- Conduct regular and ongoing analysis of reproductive health situation of the beneficiaries and the community.
- Contribute to development of regular activity reports and assist with the development and drafting of project proposals.
- Ensure that health staff in the targeted health facilities understand and implement the treatment guidelines and protocols recommended by MoPHP.
- Review weekly/monthly HIS reports and provide feedback to health staff.
- Work in health facility to provide RH services as needed.
- In additional to the above listed responsibilities the RH officer will also be responsible for any other duty deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in medicine or Public Health and Nutrition/ public health professional with experience in developing public and primary health care, 2-3 years’ experience in Reproductive Health and EPI.
- Experience in a managerial position for at least 1 year.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Experience in designing and implementing trainings and trainings of trainers.
- Experience in representation and interaction with partners & government officials.
- Prior work with or understanding of the MOPHP desirable.
- Strong English spoken and written and fluent in Arabic.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Qualified and interested applicants should send their CVs to: Hajja.email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is 21/07/2018.